Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: lbenac on April 04, 2010, 12:36:23 am
-
Hello,
Does anybody have any experience with the "new" K7 Piezography inkset and Canson Platine Fibre Rag, Canson Baryta Photographique and Epson Luster or similar papers?
I understand that there is very good results with several matte paper but I have not found any comment on luster papers.
I have an Epson R2880.
Thank you.
Luc
-
Contact Jon Cone in Vermont. If anyone would know it would be him.
-
There are some issues with these fiber gloss media producing print color with K7 that is different from what other inks may produce.
You might ask around on the Piezography yahoo group what people are using.
There is a very good paper called Cone Type 5, that was specially formulated for these inks. I'm not using K7 glossy inks, but I have used this paper on my Z3100 for black and white work and it is excellent. I hear the color gamut is good also. Along with Photorag Baryta it is my favorite of this type of media for monochrome. It is similar to Crane Museo Silver Rag but I like it better. On the Z3100 it gives very neutral results across the tonal scale. It has no oba content.
john
Hello,
Does anybody have any experience with the "new" K7 Piezography inkset and Canson Platine Fibre Rag, Canson Baryta Photographique and Epson Luster or similar papers?
I understand that there is very good results with several matte paper but I have not found any comment on luster papers.
I have an Epson R2880.
Thank you.
Luc
-
There are some issues with these fiber gloss media producing print color with K7 that is different from what other inks may produce.
You might ask around on the Piezography yahoo group what people are using.
There is a very good paper called Cone Type 5, that was specially formulated for these inks. I'm not using K7 glossy inks, but I have used this paper on my Z3100 for black and white work and it is excellent. I hear the color gamut is good also. Along with Photorag Baryta it is my favorite of this type of media for monochrome. It is similar to Crane Museo Silver Rag but I like it better. On the Z3100 it gives very neutral results across the tonal scale. It has no oba content.
john
Thank you very much both of you.
I have subscribed to the group and put my question through.
Based on the investment (initial cost of the CIS and ink plus custom curves for the paper) and the change in workflow, I would like to hear from some users (with no disrespect to Jon).
One other attraction for me is the CIS as I have come to find the R2880' cartridges a little bit too small and wasteful. I know I should have gone for a 3800...
Cheers,
Luc