Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: davi russo on April 01, 2010, 10:21:50 pm
-
MY problem:
I am noticing and measuring my prints that are off-centered and slight skewed roughly 2-4mm...
arghhhhh@#$
WHY?
is this a normal acceptable amount of shift offset for printing?
any one else getting shifts,
so annoying
because i am trying to have these prints mounted and framed without mattes to cover the slight offset..
love to hear from ya'll please...
thank you,
-davi
MY Set up:
Printing with an Epson 3880
onto 13x19" Ilford GG media sheets
using one sheet loaded at a time
normal top tray
using LR:
2:3 ratio crops
0.13 in Margin around all edges
Cell Size 18x12 in
to produce a perfect .5 inch white border around print
page setup:
super A3 setup
portrait orientation
100% scale
Print settings:
Media Type Premium Photo Paper Semi-gloss
photo black
color
16bit
no color adjusr
1440dpi
paper configuration:
paper thickness 5
platen gap wide
-
MY Set up:
Printing with an Epson 3880
onto 13x19" Ilford GG media sheets
using one sheet loaded at a time
normal top tray
Try feeding a single sheet through the rear manual feed slot.
Stan
-
MY Set up:
Printing with an Epson 3880
onto 13x19" Ilford GG media sheets
using one sheet loaded at a time
normal top tray
Try feeding a single sheet through the rear manual feed slot.
Stan
I have that problem with my 3880 when I print one sheet at a time. When I load 3 or 4 sheets there are no problems. That is using 17x22 paper.
-
I have that problem with my 3880 when I print one sheet at a time. When I load 3 or 4 sheets there are no problems. That is using 17x22 paper.
Jerry,
thank you for the advice,
i have never tried to load more then a single sheet of anything in the 3880,
so i will def give a 3-4 sheet trial run on my next print run to see how that goes.
thank you for taking the time to reply.
all my best,
-davi
-
Jerry,
thank you for the advice,
i have never tried to load more then a single sheet of anything in the 3880,
so i will def give a 3-4 sheet trial run on my next print run to see how that goes.
thank you for taking the time to reply.
all my best,
-davi
As mentioned by Stan, Ilford GGFS should be single fed through the rear manual slot or the front manual slot. Using the sheet feeder will be a mixed bag and not very reliable. Since you want a .5 inch border your only option is the rear feeder, I believe the front feeder leaves a top and bottom margin larger than that.
Also it tends to have a slight curl on the front, so a corner can easily snag and skew the paper a little. Might try to decurl the leading edge.