Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: J. Paul on March 31, 2010, 05:21:54 pm

Title: Epson Exhibition Fine Art Part Paper and 3800
Post by: J. Paul on March 31, 2010, 05:21:54 pm
Hello All,
I have been trying out the new Epson Exhibition Fine Art Paper due to the great deals on it these days.  I have printed with great success the 17 " x 22" paper and the 13" x 19" paper sizes.  My problem is that I put a small stack of 5 of the 8 1/2" x 11" paper to print a job and it fed all five of the pages in at once and started printing.  Wow, the printer didn't like this and I immediately canceled the print job.  Is there some adjustment I need to make for this paper?  Will it not print multiples?  I tried my standard Premium Luster paper and it feeds just fine.  Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
J. Paul
Title: Epson Exhibition Fine Art Part Paper and 3800
Post by: Wayne Fox on March 31, 2010, 11:45:53 pm
Quote from: J. Paul
Hello All,
I have been trying out the new Epson Exhibition Fine Art Paper due to the great deals on it these days.  I have printed with great success the 17 " x 22" paper and the 13" x 19" paper sizes.  My problem is that I put a small stack of 5 of the 8 1/2" x 11" paper to print a job and it fed all five of the pages in at once and started printing.  Wow, the printer didn't like this and I immediately canceled the print job.  Is there some adjustment I need to make for this paper?  Will it not print multiples?  I tried my standard Premium Luster paper and it feeds just fine.  Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
J. Paul
EEF is too heavy/thick to use in the auto sheet feeder.  You will need to use either the rear feed or the manual feed option.  If you have been using the auto sheet feeder for the larger sheets you have been lucky, but all thicker papers should use the rear or manual feed options.
Title: Epson Exhibition Fine Art Part Paper and 3800
Post by: mshowe on April 01, 2010, 12:31:02 am
Quote from: J. Paul
Hello All,
I have been trying out the new Epson Exhibition Fine Art Paper due to the great deals on it these days.  I have printed with great success the 17 " x 22" paper and the 13" x 19" paper sizes.  My problem is that I put a small stack of 5 of the 8 1/2" x 11" paper to print a job and it fed all five of the pages in at once and started printing.  Wow, the printer didn't like this and I immediately canceled the print job.  Is there some adjustment I need to make for this paper?  Will it not print multiples?  I tried my standard Premium Luster paper and it feeds just fine.  Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
J. Paul
your problem is the stack of five,feed one sheet at a time,i have fed boxes of this media through my 3800 sheet feed one sheet at a time and have never had an issue.
Title: Epson Exhibition Fine Art Part Paper and 3800
Post by: J. Paul on April 01, 2010, 06:29:06 am
Thanks to all for helping me resolve my paper feed issue.
Kind Regards,
J. Paul
Title: Epson Exhibition Fine Art Part Paper and 3800
Post by: Gemmtech on April 01, 2010, 09:13:30 am
I have the 3880 and I will stack a few sheets in at a time without a problem.  On page 29 & 30 of the owners manual it will tell you which slot to use and how many sheets it can handle.  Epson EEF isn't listed so I tried and it works without a problem.  You do have to make sure the guide is out so the margins stay straight.

http://files.support.epson.com/pdf/pro3880/pro3880ug.pdf (http://files.support.epson.com/pdf/pro3880/pro3880ug.pdf)
Title: Epson Exhibition Fine Art Part Paper and 3800
Post by: J. Paul on April 01, 2010, 09:27:01 am
Hello Gemmtech.  I am using the Epson 3800 and I am sure the paper was loaded properly but I won't work for me.  I did see on a the information sheet that came with my paper to feed the paper in one at a time.  I guess I will have to go back to using my standard Premium Luster Paper after I use all the EEF paper.  I print jobs out of Adobe Lightroom and with the Luster paper I could load a stack of paper and print without feeding/managing the job.  
J. Paul