Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: DerekClements on March 31, 2010, 12:31:21 pm

Title: HP B9180 'service stall' error
Post by: DerekClements on March 31, 2010, 12:31:21 pm
I know that there have been some posts on this  topic in the past, but none recently.

 ()

HP B9180 'service stall' error:

I encountered this error about three weeks ago. I've searched the Internet without any consistent advice. I've already removed the power for some time.

I've followed the HP support site advice (under 'carriage stall') to move the carriage and clear obstructions without success. Several posts in the Internet suggest cleaning the ink dumps on the right of the printer.


I cannot remove the top right panel under the top cover - one post says three screws but only two are visible.


Has anyone any suggestions on how to get to the dumps, or any other advice on the problem?
Title: HP B9180 'service stall' error
Post by: John R Smith on March 31, 2010, 01:23:07 pm
Derek

Try visiting the Photo-i Forum -

http://www.photo-i.co.uk/BB/viewforum.php?f=39 (http://www.photo-i.co.uk/BB/viewforum.php?f=39)

There have been many posts on this problem with the B9180. I'm afraid it is a common issue.

John