Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Payne on March 30, 2010, 10:45:20 pm

Title: elk
Post by: Jeremy Payne on March 30, 2010, 10:45:20 pm
(http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4032/4478133846_daaa9dee19_o.jpg)

(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2425/4477510793_a2b10b3df5_o.jpg)
Title: elk
Post by: Justan on March 31, 2010, 12:52:25 am
I like the 2nd one as it is a nice portrait.

They both remind me of the critters in my ‘hood.
Title: elk
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 31, 2010, 09:59:55 am
They're both nice, and I prefer the second also.

I would like to see a bit more detail in the shadows, if there is any available.

Eric

Title: elk
Post by: francois on March 31, 2010, 10:14:25 am
Add me to the list. While #1 is nice and dynamic, I prefer #2 also.
Title: elk
Post by: Justan on March 31, 2010, 11:04:10 am
Quote from: Eric Myrvaagnes
They're both nice, and I prefer the second also.

I would like to see a bit more detail in the shadows, if there is any available.

Eric

I thought about that but the lack of detail in the shadow doesn’t distract. Detail in the shadow is a technical point that represents complete control, but the strong shadows brings drama to the images.
Title: elk
Post by: Rob C on March 31, 2010, 11:43:38 am
I thought an Elk was a Volkswagen.

Rob C
Title: elk
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on March 31, 2010, 12:23:34 pm
Quote from: Rob C
I thought an Elk was a Volkswagen.

Rob C

Mercedes "A"-Class ..., Rob.

To the image:
The first one is clearly the winner to me - the hurt skin of the right hand elk, the fight ... wild and not necessarily beautiful nature .
On a second thought ...
From a graphical/abstract point of view #2 would win for me.
From a subject/motive related point of view still #1.
Title: elk
Post by: Rob C on March 31, 2010, 02:48:53 pm
Quote from: ChristophC
Mercedes "A"-Class ..., Rob.



And there I was, thinking all dumb animals were the same!

; - (

Rob C