Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: nigelrudyard on March 30, 2010, 06:08:53 am

Title: Grinlow, Derbyshire
Post by: nigelrudyard on March 30, 2010, 06:08:53 am
Greetings, all.

I've been experimenting with my new 16-85mm lens in the Derbyshire Peaks of England ... example below ...

Best wishes,
Nigel
Title: Grinlow, Derbyshire
Post by: francois on March 30, 2010, 06:52:09 am
Quote from: nigelrudyard
Greetings, all.

I've been experimenting with my new 16-85mm lens in the Derbyshire Peaks of England ... example below ...

Best wishes,
Nigel
Nigel,
It's a very sweet capture. The soft rolling hills, the cloudy sky and those trees all remind me my last "incursion" in Great Britain, a couple of years ago.
Well done, you put your new lens to good use. Keep them coming.
Title: Grinlow, Derbyshire
Post by: nigelrudyard on March 30, 2010, 07:26:07 am
Many thanks Francois,

Hope you enjoyed your last visit -- I work in London during the week so it's nice to get home to the wide open spaces...

Regards,
Nigel
Title: Grinlow, Derbyshire
Post by: francois on March 30, 2010, 10:13:11 am
Quote from: nigelrudyard
Many thanks Francois,

Hope you enjoyed your last visit -- I work in London during the week so it's nice to get home to the wide open spaces...

Regards,
Nigel
Oh yes, I loved my last trip although it rained 90% but bad weather often means good photos!
Title: Grinlow, Derbyshire
Post by: PeterAit on March 30, 2010, 10:52:46 am
Quote from: nigelrudyard
Greetings, all.

I've been experimenting with my new 16-85mm lens in the Derbyshire Peaks of England ... example below ...

Best wishes,
Nigel

I love the clouds - they look real!
Title: Grinlow, Derbyshire
Post by: nigelrudyard on March 30, 2010, 11:56:24 am
Quote from: francois
Oh yes, I loved my last trip although it rained 90% but bad weather often means good photos!

You'll be pleased to know it's raining here today, Francois.  Spring is especially bad. Four seasons in one (hour)!
Title: Grinlow, Derbyshire
Post by: nigelrudyard on March 30, 2010, 11:57:17 am
Quote from: PeterAit
I love the clouds - they look real!

Thanks Peter.

In this neck of the woods, you're 1445 feet closer to the clouds than in other parts of England, of course..!