Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: RonNYC on March 27, 2010, 05:37:14 pm

Title: Epson 3800 from CS4 8.5x11 prints partial ghost image
Post by: RonNYC on March 27, 2010, 05:37:14 pm
Only when I print on 8.5x11 paper (Hahnemuhle Ultra Smooth). When I print 13x19 or 17x22, prints are ok. But today (not yesterday), when I print 8.5x11, the image prints OK but on the right side there is a triangular image of part of the image area at a angle with a vertex at the lower right corner. It has gotten more pronounced.

Also, when the print is nearly done, the printing sound changes; I hear a "whooshing" sound for a few seconds. The image is what I see.

Paper width is 5; platen gap is wide.

RON
Title: Epson 3800 from CS4 8.5x11 prints partial ghost image
Post by: Mark D Segal on March 27, 2010, 10:48:22 pm
Have you called Epson tech support?
Title: Epson 3800 from CS4 8.5x11 prints partial ghost image
Post by: RonNYC on March 27, 2010, 11:05:41 pm
I emailed them today and will call them on Monday.
Title: Epson 3800 from CS4 8.5x11 prints partial ghost image
Post by: Farmer on March 28, 2010, 01:08:57 am
Which paper path are you using?  Can you see the media misfeeding (ie at an angle)?