Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: spclark on March 27, 2010, 11:35:56 am

Title: No Glossy Paper on Epson SP2200?
Post by: spclark on March 27, 2010, 11:35:56 am
Had need to print glossy paper on my old, reliable Epson StylusPro 2200 the other day.

I use glossy so seldom I hadn't realized there's no driver choice for that paper anymore, apparently not for some time.

Running 1st gen Mac Pro w/ 10.5.8. Installed 10.6.2 & latest Epson driver hoping to find glossy was included, only to meet with disappointment.  

Did Epson leave glossy behind on later drivers for printers of this era owing to the problems with bronzing & surface appearance?

Something like GimpPrint return this feature?
Title: No Glossy Paper on Epson SP2200?
Post by: Richowens on March 27, 2010, 12:41:31 pm
No, the glossy choices are still there if you have the Photo-Black cartridge installed.

 Do you have the matte black still installed?
Title: No Glossy Paper on Epson SP2200?
Post by: spclark on March 27, 2010, 07:06:13 pm
Quote from: Richowens
Do you have the matte black still installed?

So the paper options change with the black ink installed? Then that must be it then.

I don't even Have a P-black cartridge... if I ever had one. That's the 34120 product, right?

I do faintly recall something about how much ink gets wasted when switching cartridges, back when this printer model was fairly new.

Thanks for the reminder! I'll order one the next time I buy cartridges.