Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Park Street on March 24, 2010, 08:37:24 pm

Title: Disappointed with InkPress
Post by: Park Street on March 24, 2010, 08:37:24 pm
I may have expected too much but I bought a 25 pack of their Fiber Gloss paper to print a series of 11X14 prints for a client. I downloaded the proper profile from their web site, installed it properly, and then ran my first print a black and white that comes out looking like a cyanotype. - extremely cyan. In fact it is the worst factory profile I have ever seen. OK, so I email their support and ask for help. This was last Saturday and I will be delivering the prints done on another paper tomorrow, Thursday as I simply never heard back from InkPress. Just thought I would let people know not to expect either decent profiles or support if you by their paper.
Title: Disappointed with InkPress
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 24, 2010, 08:49:22 pm
It would help us to interpret your results better if you let us know what computer you have, OS & version, printer, and software used to make your prints.

Eric

Title: Disappointed with InkPress
Post by: Park Street on March 24, 2010, 10:08:00 pm
Quote from: Eric Myrvaagnes
It would help us to interpret your results better if you let us know what computer you have, OS & version, printer, and software used to make your prints.

Eric

I have a MacPro running OSX 10.6.2 using an Epson 2400 and printing through Photoshop CS4. When I changed to Epson Premium Gloss everything was fine. I also use Innova papers without problems. Only the InkPress paper and profile has given me such a bizarre result. I am not really looking that much for an answer rather just venting about the lack of support from InkPress. I can easily live without using their papers.
Title: Disappointed with InkPress
Post by: LeiMeng on March 25, 2010, 12:42:19 pm
My experience:

Their early product was pretty good.  I used their double-side matte paper on Epson 2200 with nice results.

But their current paper and profile are bad on both 2200 and 9900.
Title: Disappointed with InkPress
Post by: BobMertlich on March 25, 2010, 09:02:45 pm
Quote from: Park Street
I may have expected too much but I bought a 25 pack of their Fiber Gloss paper to print a series of 11X14 prints for a client. I downloaded the proper profile from their web site, installed it properly, and then ran my first print a black and white that comes out looking like a cyanotype. - extremely cyan. In fact it is the worst factory profile I have ever seen. OK, so I email their support and ask for help. This was last Saturday and I will be delivering the prints done on another paper tomorrow, Thursday as I simply never heard back from InkPress. Just thought I would let people know not to expect either decent profiles or support if you by their paper.


I am not too fond of their profiles especially for black and white, but I really like their papers especially the mats. You should get a custom profile made and I'm willing to bet all will be well.
I'd be happy to make you one (N/C) if you don't have a regular service to do one for you.
Drop over to http://utahsnapshot.com/utahsnapshot.com/I...t_Profiles.html (http://utahsnapshot.com/utahsnapshot.com/Inkjet_Profiles.html) and send me an email.
Bob
Title: Disappointed with InkPress
Post by: JBerardi on March 25, 2010, 11:03:27 pm
+1.

Inkpress makes some interesting media, but yes, I've gotten some inexplicably terrible profiles from them. Literally inexplicable, in that I cannot explain how one would make such flawed profiles in the first place, or why anyone would allow them to be distributed to the public. The 3800 profile for their "Pro Gloss" paper stands out in my memory as easily the worst profile I have ever seen.