Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: jschwieder on March 24, 2010, 08:18:10 pm
-
The status monitor says I have matte black installed (T0968) and that's what the label on the cartridge says but the driver says I have photo black installed (T0961) so I'm unable to select matte paper for media type. I tried switching out the cartridge with another matte black but the problem persists.
Thanks for any ideas...
-
Try deleting the printer (not the driver, just the printer from the printer list) and adding it again.
Theoretically the driver should pick up the change, but in practice it often doesn't or does but not completely.
-
The status monitor says I have matte black installed (T0968) and that's what the label on the cartridge says but the driver says I have photo black installed (T0961) so I'm unable to select matte paper for media type. I tried switching out the cartridge with another matte black but the problem persists.
Thanks for any ideas...
I'm trying to recollect from memory as I've just upgraded to a 3880 and uninstalled the 2880. I got this every time I made the switch. I'm pretty sure that by clicking on the printer utility tab and then the printer status icon (I think that's what it is). you get a read out of the correct cartridge and a message that says to close the print dialogue box and then re-open it. The correct cartridge is then recognized and you can print. Sorry I can't be more precise, but this always worked for me.
-
Thanks for the suggestions. I was able to fix this through the printer utility / printer and option route. Deleting the printer would have worked too.
THANKS!
-
I'm trying to recollect from memory as I've just upgraded to a 3880 and uninstalled the 2880. I got this every time I made the switch. I'm pretty sure that by clicking on the printer utility tab and then the printer status icon (I think that's what it is). you get a read out of the correct cartridge and a message that says to close the print dialogue box and then re-open it. The correct cartridge is then recognized and you can print. Sorry I can't be more precise, but this always worked for me.
Hi Folks, I'm still having this issue on my 2880. I've tried the print utility and it says I have matte black installed which I do. My print dialog still says I have Photo Black installed. The printer has been turned off and on many times and the issue still persists. I have been printing without a profiled imac 27" monitor and the canvas prints have been pretty nice maybe a little off. I tried printing today and the print was way off not sure what it is. Thought maybe it was the mismatch between the profile in lightroom and the print dialog box. Help!
Kirk