Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Captured Exposure on March 24, 2010, 06:01:08 am

Title: Sunrise
Post by: Captured Exposure on March 24, 2010, 06:01:08 am
These shots are the first since receiving my Tokina 11-16 f2.8 Lens. It is from the Lake Cathie beach which is about a 10 minute walk from home, the rock has shown up from large waves clearing the sand.

I like the ocean foam and reflection that has been captured in the first shot, this is probably just by a little my favorite for this session, would be interested in others feedback as well.

The UWA certainly gives you a different perspective when taking photos.

Photos have only had slight adjustments in Canon DPP and Straightening, conversion in photoshop elements.

Also used a Cokin P ND4 Grad filter

(http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4001/4446608927_4d42f1b31c.jpg)

(http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4019/4446497709_9761421b2c.jpg)

(http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4067/4446547057_180d325a79.jpg)
Title: Sunrise
Post by: Lloyd Mayeda on March 24, 2010, 06:30:46 am
Nice captures.  Thanks for sharing.  The foreground water motion in the last shot is a nice touch.

I recently got a 15mm lens but haven't tried it on sunrises yet.
Title: Sunrise
Post by: wolfnowl on March 24, 2010, 03:29:46 pm
Hi There, and welcome to the list to both of you!

Mike.
Title: Sunrise
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on March 24, 2010, 03:56:55 pm
Quote from: LloydMayeda
Nice captures.  Thanks for sharing.  The foreground water motion in the last shot is a nice touch.
I agree, particularly with the comment about the third shot.

Jeremy
Title: Sunrise
Post by: ChandlerSimmering on March 25, 2010, 03:32:00 pm
Epic pictures, really like the one with the rock
Title: Sunrise
Post by: Captured Exposure on March 25, 2010, 07:00:59 pm
Quote from: ChandlerSimmering
Epic pictures, really like the one with the rock


Thanks for the comments, it's hard for to decide on these which I like the best also, but think it is still number #1
Title: Sunrise
Post by: francois on March 26, 2010, 06:37:44 am
Quote from: Captured Exposure
Thanks for the comments, it's hard for to decide on these which I like the best also, but think it is still number #1
First, welcome on the forums!

I find your first image less classic than the others. All three are very pleasant with different qualities.
Title: Sunrise
Post by: wirehunt on March 28, 2010, 07:04:47 am
I do like these. They are nice natural looking shots.
Title: Sunrise
Post by: nigelrudyard on March 29, 2010, 05:51:30 pm
Superb shots -- I particularly like the third image -- very nice effect with the water in motion.

I'm new to these forums so greetings to all.