Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: PeterAit on March 23, 2010, 05:12:53 pm

Title: LR web galleries and browser cache
Post by: PeterAit on March 23, 2010, 05:12:53 pm
After I make changes to my gallery in LR and upload them, I always check things out in a browser to make sure the changes are what I intended. Sometimes I get the old version of the page and have to refresh in order to see the new version. I am worried that this might happen to visitors who are coming back to the site - they will be seeing old versions of the pages and be totally unaware of it. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? Thanks.

Title: LR web galleries and browser cache
Post by: Jeremy Payne on March 23, 2010, 05:29:41 pm
Quote from: PeterAit
After I make changes to my gallery in LR and upload them, I always check things out in a browser to make sure the changes are what I intended. Sometimes I get the old version of the page and have to refresh in order to see the new version. I am worried that this might happen to visitors who are coming back to the site - they will be seeing old versions of the pages and be totally unaware of it. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? Thanks.

Yes there definitely is a way to bypass the cache ... although I'm not 100% sure how to do it!

PS ...

I went looking and I found this link after I read your post ...

http://forums.webhostdir.com/showthread.php?p=13056 (http://forums.webhostdir.com/showthread.php?p=13056)