Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Mark F on March 18, 2010, 06:40:33 pm

Title: How do you restore a prior catalog?
Post by: Mark F on March 18, 2010, 06:40:33 pm
I had to do a full restore of my hard drive from a backup - I described the problem that caused it on the Computers and Peripherals thread. But somehow my LR catalog has been corrupted and I need to restore an even earlier catalog but am having trouble doing so.  

I thought that all that was necessary was to replace the current "Lightroom 2 Catalog.lrcat" file with an earlier version with the same name, but LR does not recognize the new file. I could use some guidance on what else I need to do.

Thanks very much.
Title: How do you restore a prior catalog?
Post by: DarkPenguin on March 18, 2010, 09:12:21 pm
You should just be able to open the older file.  File->Open Catalog.  Navigate to the backup copy and open it.

Title: How do you restore a prior catalog?
Post by: Mark F on March 19, 2010, 09:33:35 pm
Thanks. I had to go back to an even earlier catalog but now it works.

Quote from: DarkPenguin
You should just be able to open the older file.  File->Open Catalog.  Navigate to the backup copy and open it.