Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: teddillard on March 18, 2010, 08:27:27 am

Title: Adobe Camera RAW vs. Adobe Aperture- Camera Support
Post by: teddillard on March 18, 2010, 08:27:27 am
FYI, There have been some posts about Aperture 3 "coming of age", which annoys me no end...  my friend Wade Laub's post is an interesting take on it, and some threads on Lightstalkers...  I was moved to make a camera support matrix.  At this point, Aperture supports around 200 cameras, ACR 300.  

Here's the matrix: http://www.h2hreviews.com/blog/Adobe-Camer...ra-Support.html (http://www.h2hreviews.com/blog/Adobe-Camera-RAW-vs--Adobe-Aperture--Camera-Support.html)

The Lightstalkers thread: http://www.lightstalkers.org/posts/apertur...t-getting-there (http://www.lightstalkers.org/posts/aperture-30-still-buggy-but-getting-there)

...and Wade's blog post.  http://wadelaube.com/blog/?p=20 (http://wadelaube.com/blog/?p=20)

I think Wade makes a valid point...  Apple, my guess out of failure to take huge market share from the largely Lightroom pro market, is now selling to the "pro-sumer" and consumer markets as a "professional" alternative to iPhoto.

 
Title: Adobe Camera RAW vs. Adobe Aperture- Camera Support
Post by: KeithR on March 18, 2010, 05:38:22 pm
Quote from: teddillard
FYI, There have been some posts about Aperture 3 "coming of age", which annoys me no end...  my friend Wade Laub's post is an interesting take on it, and some threads on Lightstalkers...  I was moved to make a camera support matrix.  At this point, Aperture supports around 200 cameras, ACR 300.  

Here's the matrix: http://www.h2hreviews.com/blog/Adobe-Camer...ra-Support.html (http://www.h2hreviews.com/blog/Adobe-Camera-RAW-vs--Adobe-Aperture--Camera-Support.html)

The Lightstalkers thread: http://www.lightstalkers.org/posts/apertur...t-getting-there (http://www.lightstalkers.org/posts/aperture-30-still-buggy-but-getting-there)

...and Wade's blog post.  http://wadelaube.com/blog/?p=20 (http://wadelaube.com/blog/?p=20)

I think Wade makes a valid point...  Apple, my guess out of failure to take huge market share from the largely Lightroom pro market, is now selling to the "pro-sumer" and consumer markets as a "professional" alternative to iPhoto.

I thought Aperture was an Apple product?
Title: Adobe Camera RAW vs. Adobe Aperture- Camera Support
Post by: teddillard on March 18, 2010, 06:13:59 pm
Quote from: KeithR
I thought Aperture was an Apple product?
ummm...  not sure I understand?
Title: Adobe Camera RAW vs. Adobe Aperture- Camera Support
Post by: Johnny_Johnson on March 18, 2010, 08:08:03 pm
Quote from: teddillard
ummm...  not sure I understand?

Read your title to the thread.
Title: Adobe Camera RAW vs. Adobe Aperture- Camera Support
Post by: teddillard on March 19, 2010, 07:18:31 am
Quote from: Johnny_Johnson
Read your title to the thread.

oh fer gooness sake.  

(coffeeee.  must have coffeeeee)