Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: nemophoto on March 17, 2010, 03:22:06 pm

Title: LR 2.6 crashes
Post by: nemophoto on March 17, 2010, 03:22:06 pm
I just had another Lightroom crash. Ever since the gradient tool was introduced, I've had consistent crashes where i have to force quit the program and restart. This happened on my previous computer running Vist 32-bit, and now occurs with my current computer on which I have Win 7 64-bit. The crash is regardless of whether I use the 32-bit or the 64-bit version or LR.

Has anyone else had this on a regular basis and has anyone figured out a workaround? Thanks.

Nemo
Title: LR 2.6 crashes
Post by: pegelli on March 17, 2010, 06:51:30 pm
Quote from: nemophoto
I just had another Lightroom crash. Ever since the gradient tool was introduced, I've had consistent crashes where i have to force quit the program and restart. This happened on my previous computer running Vist 32-bit, and now occurs with my current computer on which I have Win 7 64-bit. The crash is regardless of whether I use the 32-bit or the 64-bit version or LR.

Has anyone else had this on a regular basis and has anyone figured out a workaround? Thanks.

Nemo

I had this frequently with 2.4 or 2.5, and since 2.6 it hasn't happened once yet.  
Title: LR 2.6 crashes
Post by: francois on March 18, 2010, 02:47:12 am
Quote from: nemophoto
I just had another Lightroom crash. Ever since the gradient tool was introduced, I've had consistent crashes where i have to force quit the program and restart. This happened on my previous computer running Vist 32-bit, and now occurs with my current computer on which I have Win 7 64-bit. The crash is regardless of whether I use the 32-bit or the 64-bit version or LR.

Has anyone else had this on a regular basis and has anyone figured out a workaround? Thanks.

Nemo
I'm using a Mac but I've found that from time to time, Lightroom starts crashing really often when I use either the gradient tool or the brush. Deleting the Lightroom pref file has always solved the issue. The issue eventually comes back after a while…

I don't know if this solution works on Windows PCs or not.