Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: DarkPenguin on March 14, 2010, 09:07:36 pm

Title: Two things yada
Post by: DarkPenguin on March 14, 2010, 09:07:36 pm
My sister's best friend's brother's girlfriend's step dad's ex wife's divorce lawyer says he can't tell the difference.

So, um, there.

Edit: Somewhere I lost a 't.
Title: Two things yada
Post by: feppe on March 15, 2010, 07:29:07 am
For those still insisting on the "I know it when I see it" distinction of MFDB image quality, I recommend reading Carl Sagan's Demon-Haunted World. While not about photography, the book vividly portrays the dangers of blind faith, and benefits of the scientific method.

Michael's closing paragraph does offer some much-needed perspective, though:

"In the case of horsepower vs. torque I just decided to get in my car, drive away, and simply not worry about it for another moment. In the case of photography I'd suggest closing the screen you're reading this on, grab a camera, and head out and do some shooting. Let the nattering nabobs of negativity natter away. I'll be out shooting and driving."
Title: Two things yada
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 15, 2010, 10:28:00 am
Quote from: feppe
For those still insisting on the "I know it when I see it" distinction of MFDB image quality, I recommend reading Carl Sagan's Demon-Haunted World. While not about photography, the book vividly portrays the dangers of blind faith, and benefits of the scientific method.

Michael's closing paragraph does offer some much-needed perspective, though:

"In the case of horsepower vs. torque I just decided to get in my car, drive away, and simply not worry about it for another moment. In the case of photography I'd suggest closing the screen you're reading this on, grab a camera, and head out and do some shooting. Let the nattering nabobs of negativity natter away. I'll be out shooting and driving."

+1000!!
Title: Two things yada
Post by: PeterValk on March 18, 2010, 01:09:42 pm
"My sister's best friend's brother's girlfriend's step dad's ex wife's divorce lawyer says he can't tell the difference"

So why do you care then....?
Maybe you lost more than a 't.

Peter