Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: colourperfect on March 14, 2010, 12:50:31 pm

Title: Creation of ABW Profiles with 3880 ?
Post by: colourperfect on March 14, 2010, 12:50:31 pm
Hi,

Am trying to create ABW icc profiles as per the tools provided with QTRip and the instructions here http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsigh...i045/essay.html (http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi045/essay.html)

However  I open the Step-51-gray.tif file and chose Leave as is (dont color manage)
When I then choose Print in PS CS4, it will not allow me to chose No Color Management, its grayed out!
The only choices arePhotoshop Manages Color or Printer Manages Color.

I realise that if I change Image-Mode to RGB the No Color Management option returns, but will I invalidate the target by converting to RGB?

If the target stays in greyscale, should I let Photoshop Manage Color or the Printer Manager Color ?

Assistance appreciated here

Ian