Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Jim-St on March 12, 2010, 01:26:44 pm
-
Just upgraded from Tiger (10.4.11) to Snow Leopard (10.6.2) and I'm wondering if there's anything I've missed in terms of how to print from LR2.6 to my Epson 3800.
Specifically, did I read somewhere that with (Snow) Leopard it's now necessary to let the printer manage colour?
The new driver (6.57) has different colour settings stuff, and I'm puzzled in particular by the Color Matching menu item (which shows ColorSync checked, but both options greyed out), and the Advanced Color Settings sub-menu under Print Settings which informs me of "Appropriate ColorSync Profiles" relative to the Media Type selected, but of course only offers canned Epson profiles.
This, coupled with the disappearance of the Profile name from the driver's Summary menu, makes me wonder if my choice of a media type will lead the driver automatically to apply the "appropriate" Epson profile, in place of the profile I've selected in the LR Print Job panel.
Can anyone point me to a thread or link where maybe one of the CM gurus will set me straight on printing from LR2 to the 3800 in 10.6?? Or am I just being neurotic about all this?
Thanks in advance
Jim
-
Specifically, did I read somewhere that with (Snow) Leopard it's now necessary to let the printer manage color?
No.
The new driver (6.57) has different colour settings stuff, and I'm puzzled in particular by the Color Matching menu item (which shows ColorSync checked, but both options greyed out),
Normal with epson driver and CS4/LR.
and the Advanced Color Settings sub-menu under Print Settings which
Set the tab to no color management as always, this is just reminding you to use an appropriate profile which you will do from Lightroom. Don't need to go there.
This, coupled with the disappearance of the Profile name from the driver's Summary menu,
Not quite sure what you are saying here. You can see and select the profile from LR? If so, then all should be good.
-
No.
Normal with epson driver and CS4/LR.
Set the tab to no color management as always, this is just reminding you to use an appropriate profile which you will do from Lightroom. Don't need to go there.
Not quite sure what you are saying here. You can see and select the profile from LR? If so, then all should be good.
Hi Wayne-
Thanks for replying: that's good to know!
On the one point I wasn't clear on: some time ago, I guess maybe when LR2 came out, or maybe it was when we moved from the betas to LR1, the profile selected became visible in the "Summary" drop-down in the driver. Not there now, but I'll take your word that if it's there in LR it'll get used in the printing
Regards and best wishes
Jim