Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: HickersonJasonC on March 12, 2010, 12:33:01 pm
-
I'm trying to find a way to search metadata by aspect ratio such as 2x3, 4x5, 4.5x6, etc.
The only options that come up when I try this in the Metadata Library Filter are Portrait, Landscape, and Square.
Anyone know if this is possible? I fail to find a decent workaround that will allow me to easily sort these images by aspect ratio, either.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
-
The only help I could bring is to sort your images by aspect ratio, and incorporate some easily recognisable of known aspect ratio...
-
The only help I could bring is to sort your images by aspect ratio, and incorporate some easily recognisable of known aspect ratio...
Do you mean add a keyword or something to indicate the aspect ratio of my images? That would work, assuming I never recropped an image, but what do I do about the thousands of images I already have?
-
No experts out there who might give me a definitive "yes" or "no?"
-
Do you mean add a keyword or something to indicate the aspect ratio of my images?
No, sorry, I forgot a word : I was more thinking of adding images with known aspect ratio in the collection, maybe only a very simple jpeg with "this is 4/3" written on it, to make a visual reference in the grid view.
Otherwise, I'd think some specialty soft like exiftool could add the aspect ratio value in a searchable IPTC field that you don't use... Sync metadata in LR and search on this field.
In both cases, I'm just thinking out loud, so that may or may not work in practice.
-
Use Bridge!
It has superior filtering and sorting ability than LR and Aspect ratio is something Br can easily filter by.
And LR + Br can work well together.