Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: free1000 on March 12, 2010, 08:05:28 am

Title: Epson 3800 'Velvet Fine Art' greyed out in media list
Post by: free1000 on March 12, 2010, 08:05:28 am
I am finding that all the Fine Art media types are inactive in the printer dialog.

Has anyone seen this problem?   Everything else works fine with printing.

Googling doesn't reveal anyone sharing my pain so far.

AFAIK I have the latest driver required for Snow Leopard. I thought I had all this Epson driver hell finished.
Title: Epson 3800 'Velvet Fine Art' greyed out in media list
Post by: ckimmerle on March 12, 2010, 09:42:02 am
Don't use macs myself, so am unsure of the printer dialog boxes or those fun printer driver issues, but could you have the wrong black ink selected? Just a thought.
Title: Epson 3800 'Velvet Fine Art' greyed out in media list
Post by: Ken Bennett on March 12, 2010, 11:47:10 am
Also check to see if you have the right paper path selected. IIRC some of those fine art papers won't feed through the top paper slot.
Title: Epson 3800 'Velvet Fine Art' greyed out in media list
Post by: digitaldog on March 12, 2010, 01:25:11 pm
Quote from: k bennett
Also check to see if you have the right paper path selected. IIRC some of those fine art papers won't feed through the top paper slot.

And correct inkset (matt vs. Photo black).