Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: DwayneOakes on March 11, 2010, 07:37:53 pm

Title: The Spring Thaw
Post by: DwayneOakes on March 11, 2010, 07:37:53 pm
Thanks for taking a look !

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes

(http://dwayneoakes.zenfolio.com/img/v1/p947207207-4.jpg)

Title: The Spring Thaw
Post by: Josh-H on March 11, 2010, 08:06:44 pm
I really like it - very painterly.
Title: The Spring Thaw
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 11, 2010, 08:10:59 pm
Quote from: Josh-H
I really like it - very painterly.

+1
Title: The Spring Thaw
Post by: francois on March 12, 2010, 04:09:39 am
Very nice! The contrast between the dark areas and the light illuminated zones is very well rendered. The reflections on the path add a good lead line. Well done.
Title: The Spring Thaw
Post by: fredjeang on March 12, 2010, 06:49:08 am
Hi Dwayne.
I was looking to your portfolio and did enjoyed very much.
Your photography is very singular, and that is I think an important point, having one's own style you can recognize.
I have a technical question if you want to answer: are you using a kind of Terragen software mixing with the real pictures?
or the render is done in traditional Photoshop?

Regards,

Fred.
Title: The Spring Thaw
Post by: DwayneOakes on March 14, 2010, 08:52:48 am
Quote from: fredjeang
Hi Dwayne.
I was looking to your portfolio and did enjoyed very much.
Your photography is very singular, and that is I think an important point, having one's own style you can recognize.
I have a technical question if you want to answer: are you using a kind of Terragen software mixing with the real pictures?
or the render is done in traditional Photoshop?

Regards,

Fred.

Thank you very much for the comments everyone !!

Hi Fred,

Much more simpler than that. I apply Orton-effect and then use "old shcool" dodge and burn technics on a single photo
using Nikon Capture NX2. I let nature do most of the work and enhance what is already there. The trick is to be able
to "see" these hidden elements of light and color to enhance. Thanks for the question !

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes