Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: John R Smith on March 10, 2010, 03:41:24 am

Title: Progress Bar Not Working
Post by: John R Smith on March 10, 2010, 03:41:24 am
I am running LR 2.6 on an XP machine. When I export a RAW file to TIFF from LR, I get the thumbnail image and message at the top left hand of the screen regarding the export, but the progress bar is always blank. It never shows any progress, although the export completes correctly. Any ideas?

John
Title: Progress Bar Not Working
Post by: Richowens on March 10, 2010, 11:23:37 am
Mine does the same thing on Win7. I just don't worry about it.

As long as things work I don't pay much attention to the eye candy.

Rich
Title: Progress Bar Not Working
Post by: KirbyKrieger on March 10, 2010, 02:09:35 pm
Quote from: John R Smith
I am running LR 2.6 on an XP machine. When I export a RAW file to TIFF from LR, I get the thumbnail image and message at the top left hand of the screen regarding the export, but the progress bar is always blank. It never shows any progress, although the export completes correctly. Any ideas?

John

Lr counts exports in integral numbers.  If you export 10 images the progress bar will show you ten full one-tenth steps of the entire 10-shot export.  IOW, the only progress you are shown is when each image is fully exported.  If you export only one image, you will not see any movement in the progress bar (it disappears at the same time as it would show the first integral update).

At least, that is what I see in Lr3b.  Try exporting 3 files and see if the bar moves in units of 1/3.
Title: Progress Bar Not Working
Post by: John R Smith on March 11, 2010, 03:21:48 am
Aha, mystery solved. Thank you kind sir.

Otherwise, things are going quite well for me in Lightroom. One thing that strikes me is that it seems a shame that they did not make the spot removal tool into a proper clone tool while they were at it - it is almost there, except that you cannot move the tool across the image. After all, you can use a clone tool for spot removal, but not the other way around. So often one needs to remove an unruly twig from the edge of the frame.

John