Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: sloow on March 09, 2010, 02:32:25 pm

Title: Tiff image from Lightroom slow to open in Photoshop
Post by: sloow on March 09, 2010, 02:32:25 pm
Sorry, this title should have read "slow to save" in Photoshop.

I have a 2008 Mac Pro with 10GB RAM, and lately the tiff files exported by lightroom are insanely slow to save when I open them and resave them in Photoshop.
For example, a 25 MB tiff file normally saves in about 1 second, but I am experiencing a progress bar and times of 15 seconds to save. Any help resolving this matter would be very much appreciated.

thanks
Title: Tiff image from Lightroom slow to open in Photoshop
Post by: Schewe on March 09, 2010, 03:30:33 pm
Got LZW or Zip compression turned on? That would slow the encoding and saving...
Title: Tiff image from Lightroom slow to open in Photoshop
Post by: sloow on March 09, 2010, 11:38:46 pm
Ahh, of course, the old transcode while saving phenomena.

Thank you!

I must be getting old.  That solution just never occurred to me. I was busy flushing caches and seeing if my RAM was buggy. Both machine and cerebral.