Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Clearair on March 09, 2010, 07:54:22 am

Title: Safe to upgrade yet
Post by: Clearair on March 09, 2010, 07:54:22 am
Hello all

I run a Mac Pro Xeon duel quad core OS Leopard and Photoshop CS3 and am not upgrading Photoshop to 4.

I think it's a good time to upgrade Aperture 3 to V4 and Snow Leopard at the same time.

I have updated all software I can think of ready for this like monitor colour management, Ezio and Canons drivers and PS plugin for my iPF6100.

Adobe have not had any updates recently on CS3 so my concern is this may be an Achilles heel. I will let the Pro boot as Apple 32 bits mode for now so hope my printing will continue to be foolproof. It needs to be with me £$%^&* I use paper manufacture online profiles with some tweaking in the plugin and do not create profiles so the recent target tagging etc problems others have reported are irrelevant to me.

Have I missed something ??



Regards
 
Title: Safe to upgrade yet
Post by: Wayne Fox on March 10, 2010, 03:28:56 am
Well, I can't guarantee anything but I can't imagine you will have any problems you can't resolve.  I've been on Snow Leopard for a very long time now, and really have no complaints.  Since you are using Aperture, I would hope apples own software plays well with SL, and I believe most of users running Canon printers have things working OK.