Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Marlyn on March 02, 2010, 05:59:22 am
-
Hi All,
Couple noob canvas questions.
I received some sample rolls today from Breathing Colour, and 36" Roll of Lyve. Out of the box the canvas looks nice, fine weave, bright white.
However using the canned Profiles from BC site, the results were somewhat disapointing. It didn't seem to have as much pop or colour depth as the Canson I'm comparing it to, and test prints showed some colour shifts, (Yellows to green, reds to odd pink). When checking the Profile in the Print dialog, turning on 'show paper white', it is extremley grey. Where as doing the same on Chromatta profile, it looks fine.
Based on reviews, I belive I'm doing something wrong, but not sure what.
Note: I have colour managed workflow, calibrted Eizo SX monitor, and don't have issues with other papers as a rule. Printing on Epson 9880. and comparing prints, not print to screen at present.
I follwed the PDF provided by BC for the Printer dialog settings (Premium Glossy PP, Wider Platten, 1440 DPI (Quality), etc etc)
I am using PhotoBlack and the PK Profiles, as at this point I don't want to send the printer in Matte.
Questions are
1. Does anyone else use the Profiles From the Breathing colour site for LYVE canvas, do they work or are there issues. the chromata profile seems to produce a better result on that paper.
2. When creating my own profiles, should the measurments be taken before or after coating with Glamour II ? (and in fact, this question goes for all canvas really)
Thanks for any ideas.
Regards
Mark.
-
2. When creating my own profiles, should the measurments be taken before or after coating with Glamour II ? (and in fact, this question goes for all canvas really)
Generally after.
-
As expected 'something was amiss' with yesterdays trial of profile and paper. Unfortuantly I'm not exactly sure what was wrong, but after a printer reset, PC reboot and making all the settings from scratch again, prints are now comming out as expected on both LYVE and Chromata. - Gremlins
Rodney, thanks for the answer on the profiles. Would you expect differences when profiled with different mixtures of the coatings as well ? (Matte, Satin, gloss)
Regards
Mark.
-
Doesn't BC do free profiles for you? They did for me. I personally don't think printing with PK ink works very well on matte canvases that are really meant to be used with MK ink. I tried Lyve but switched back to Black Diamond Satin because the Lyve prints were just too, what can I say....dull. Besides I have a custom profile made by Andrew for the Bl. Diamond.
-
Rodney, thanks for the answer on the profiles. Would you expect differences when profiled with different mixtures of the coatings as well ? (Matte, Satin, gloss)
I could only offer a definitive answer after measuring the same target with each and examining the deltaE both average and in specific areas of color space.