Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: douglasf13 on February 27, 2010, 01:39:27 am

Title: I may have uncovered lens correction in LR3
Post by: douglasf13 on February 27, 2010, 01:39:27 am
I was working with LR3 today, and it froze for a second, and, when I tried to do an "undo," it flashed "undo lens correction." I was unable to capture the warning in the center in the page, but I captured it in the file menu.  Is this a sign of lens correction to come in LR3??
(http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4050/4390985017_46f94d29c4_o.png)
Title: I may have uncovered lens correction in LR3
Post by: Schewe on February 27, 2010, 02:09:34 am
Quote from: douglasf13
Is this a sign of lens correction to come in LR3??[/img]

Probably...Camera Raw 5.x and Lightroom 2.x have had invisible lens corrections built in for certain cameras. It's not at all a stretch to think  that the "next" versions would have lens corrections built in (and some might hope for manual control over those corrections).
Title: I may have uncovered lens correction in LR3
Post by: douglasf13 on February 27, 2010, 02:54:02 pm
Quote from: douglasf13
I was working with LR3 today, and it froze for a second, and, when I tried to do an "undo," it flashed "undo lens correction." I was unable to capture the warning in the center in the page, but I captured it in the file menu.  Is this a sign of lens correction to come in LR3??
(http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4050/4390985017_46f94d29c4_o.png)

  Duh.  False alarm.  I was on my laptop, so all of the panes on the right weren't showing, and I forgot there was already a lens correction pane for CA and vignetting.  I must have accidentally toggled it on. Sorry about that.
Title: I may have uncovered lens correction in LR3
Post by: Morris Taub on February 28, 2010, 03:40:46 am
Quote from: douglasf13
Duh.  False alarm.  I was on my laptop, so all of the panes on the right weren't showing, and I forgot there was already a lens correction pane for CA and vignetting.  I must have accidentally toggled it on. Sorry about that.

manual lens correction for distortion would be a great addition for lightroom 3...but I'm wondering, is that the long arm of the law you're working on? :-)
Title: I may have uncovered lens correction in LR3
Post by: douglasf13 on March 01, 2010, 03:31:03 am
Quote from: Morris Taub
manual lens correction for distortion would be a great addition for lightroom 3...but I'm wondering, is that the long arm of the law you're working on? :-)

btw, that's done in camera. no PS
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2744/4397150475_545901472f_o.jpg)
Title: I may have uncovered lens correction in LR3
Post by: Morris Taub on March 01, 2010, 04:27:28 am
Quote from: douglasf13
btw, that's done in camera. no PS
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2744/4397150475_545901472f_o.jpg)

really?...how do you do that?...I did assume it was digital tricks in photoshop or something...
Title: I may have uncovered lens correction in LR3
Post by: douglasf13 on March 01, 2010, 11:25:14 am
I can't say, but involves long exposures
Title: I may have uncovered lens correction in LR3
Post by: Scott Martin on March 09, 2010, 08:59:09 am
Quote from: douglasf13
I can't say, but involves long exposures

Nicely done slitscan work I'd say. :-]

Here are some of my slitscan favorites:
http://ansenseale.com/photo.cfm?ID=1215 (http://ansenseale.com/photo.cfm?ID=1215)
http://ansenseale.com/photo.cfm?ID=1138 (http://ansenseale.com/photo.cfm?ID=1138)
http://ansenseale.com/photo.cfm?ID=1193 (http://ansenseale.com/photo.cfm?ID=1193)