Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: JimFelder on February 25, 2010, 06:30:34 pm

Title: Default Custom Identity Plate
Post by: JimFelder on February 25, 2010, 06:30:34 pm
Is there a place to set a custom identity plate to be used in all libraries? I create a library for each client. I want to use the same identity plate for all of them by default when I create the catalog. Possible or impossible?
Title: Default Custom Identity Plate
Post by: Richowens on February 25, 2010, 10:18:03 pm
Hi Jim,

  Go to Edit>Identity Plate Setup.

HTH

Rich
Title: Default Custom Identity Plate
Post by: JimFelder on February 25, 2010, 10:42:40 pm
Quote from: Richowens
Hi Jim,

  Go to Edit>Identity Plate Setup.

HTH

Rich

Thank you but I knew that. I want that identity plate to show up on all existing libraries and new ones by default. Like a global identity plate. Right now it seems that you have to add a custom image or text to every new library. I create a library for each client. I was hoping someone had a fix.
Title: Default Custom Identity Plate
Post by: David Sutton on February 26, 2010, 01:21:36 am
I had this issue recently when setting up a laptop for travelling. Apparently the custom plate is stored in the catalogue. I ended up just creating it from scratch, which is a pain. I can think of only three possible workarounds.
Firstly, creating a graphical ID plate outside of LR and use that. Secondly, copying an existing catalogue with its custom plate, rename it and delete its contents. Thirdly, creating an empty generic catalogue with the identity plate you want, and copy it for use with your clients.
Title: Default Custom Identity Plate
Post by: JimFelder on February 26, 2010, 08:15:04 am
Quote from: David Sutton
I had this issue recently when setting up a laptop for travelling. Apparently the custom plate is stored in the catalogue. I ended up just creating it from scratch, which is a pain. I can think of only three possible workarounds.
Firstly, creating a graphical ID plate outside of LR and use that. Secondly, copying an existing catalogue with its custom plate, rename it and delete its contents. Thirdly, creating an empty generic catalogue with the identity plate you want, and copy it for use with your clients.

That is what I was looking for I just couldn't think of it myself. That is what I'll do. Create a blank Catalog with the plate in it and I'm good to go. Thank you so much.

Jim