Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Jeremy Payne on February 20, 2010, 03:05:24 pm

Title: Is the color ok?
Post by: Jeremy Payne on February 20, 2010, 03:05:24 pm
How's the color?  I did more "stuff" to this one in post than I would normally do and I can't tell if I ruined it or not ... I'm considering starting over - this is a stitched shot.

What do y'all think?

(http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4008/4371633903_ef93f0f967_o.jpg)
Title: Is the color ok?
Post by: David Saffir on February 20, 2010, 05:02:46 pm
well, one could easily say this is just a matter of your decision-making as a photographer. Based on the image size (can't really zoom in to 100 pct) things look ok. I'd look for color aliasing/fringing along the contrast lines, of course, and shadow/highlight detail.

the tone of the snow looks cool in my browser (safari) as compared to other elements, compared to the trees and other parts of the landscape. but to me, that's a matter of the "look" you want. Others may disagree. :)

David
Title: Is the color ok?
Post by: Jeremy Payne on February 20, 2010, 07:24:21 pm
Quote from: David Saffir
the tone of the snow looks cool in my browser (safari) as compared to other elements

That's essentially what I did ... I warmed up the foliage a bit and didn't like what it did to the sky and snow so I cooled them off a bit ...

I'm gonna print it and stare at it a bit ... still can't decide if I like the colors ...
Title: Is the color ok?
Post by: wirehunt on February 20, 2010, 11:26:43 pm
I like it, to me, and of course this is as always very personal, but to me I'd maybe put a touch more colour into the trees.

It looks a very barren place that you shot this in.