Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Sigursteinn on February 19, 2010, 05:47:53 pm

Title: Northern Lights time-laps
Post by: Sigursteinn on February 19, 2010, 05:47:53 pm
Hi

Just uploaded a new time-laps video on YouTupe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdy7LZzdLh0 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdy7LZzdLh0)

Regards,

Steini

Steini Fjall (http://www.steinifjall.com)
Title: Northern Lights time-laps
Post by: wirehunt on February 19, 2010, 09:21:15 pm
Very cool.
Title: Northern Lights time-laps
Post by: francois on February 20, 2010, 08:58:36 am
Stunning! One could easily think that you generated the time-lapse with a computer…
Bravo and thanks for sharing.
Title: Northern Lights time-laps
Post by: MarkoRepse on February 24, 2010, 03:37:49 pm
mmm I like this. The "human elements" in the composition add a welcome change to the usual in-the-middle-of-nowhere setting thats the norm for northern lights, it seems. It must have been great to see live. Very dynamic. Exposure is lovely too. How wide was the lens was used?
Title: Northern Lights time-laps
Post by: Sigursteinn on February 24, 2010, 03:50:46 pm
Quote from: MarkoRepse
mmm I like this. The "human elements" in the composition add a welcome change to the usual in-the-middle-of-nowhere setting thats the norm for northern lights, it seems. It must have been great to see live. Very dynamic. Exposure is lovely too. How wide was the lens was used?

I used Nikon 14-24 set @ 14mm, aperture 2.8, @ 6 sec and ISO 1600. But I think I should have gotten better results with ISO around 2200 and at 4 sec exp. with 10,5 fisheye.

There will be a another storm around 15th of March (give or take +/- 2 days) where I will do another time-laps.

Regards,

Sigursteinn
Title: Northern Lights time-laps
Post by: tived on February 25, 2010, 08:36:48 pm
Excellent!!

Great work!

Henrik
Title: Northern Lights time-laps
Post by: Sigursteinn on February 26, 2010, 04:25:19 am
Quote from: tived
Excellent!!

Great work!

Henrik


Thanks Henrik!

Regards from the north
Title: Northern Lights time-laps
Post by: larsrc on March 10, 2010, 09:17:41 am
Very nice, an impressive show. I like the bit at about 0:30 where somebody's taking pictures with a flash. Somebody's probably disappointed with their results...

-Lars
Title: Northern Lights time-laps
Post by: wirehunt on March 15, 2010, 07:28:52 am
I love watching these.

A shame we don't get it more regularly here