Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: NickOsborne on February 18, 2010, 12:34:04 am

Title: Printing from CS4 to Epson 7600 on Mac 10.5
Post by: NickOsborne on February 18, 2010, 12:34:04 am
Every thing was working fine until today.

If i set a document to 60cm x 10cm in PS and print using custom paper size in print setup and the roll paper setting in the print setting, the file is printing on only the first 20cm of the roll.

I have re installed the driver and have printed head alignment tests from the utility which covers approx the full width of the paper.

I have installed and printed from a PC just fine.

Do I have a problem with the adobe suite of products and if so is there a solution, e.g. trash prefs?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Nick
Title: Printing from CS4 to Epson 7600 on Mac 10.5
Post by: Schewe on February 18, 2010, 12:38:58 am
Quote from: NickOsborne
Any help would be much appreciated.


Try trashing your Photoshop preferences...
Title: Printing from CS4 to Epson 7600 on Mac 10.5
Post by: NickOsborne on February 18, 2010, 02:50:24 am
Quote from: Schewe
Try trashing your Photoshop preferences...


Ok I've done that with no differance. The problem is also occuring in Lightroom 2.5.

I have also printed from iPhoto and the same problem is occuring.

So... Print driver on the Mac conflicting with something?... still some remnent software from the re-install of the driver?... or an OS problem?...

P.S. I have run disk utilities which repairs a lot of epson stuff.

i'm getting lost here?

Title: Printing from CS4 to Epson 7600 on Mac 10.5
Post by: NickOsborne on February 18, 2010, 03:25:20 am
Also I'm looking at the Epson console. Could it be... /System/Library/Printers/Libraries/PrintJobMgr/Contents/MacOS/PrintJobMgr  

This so frustrating... I can remember it the old days of 'print Monitor' becoming corrupted (OS 7.6) Thing don't normally beat me on a mac but this is sad!
Title: Printing from CS4 to Epson 7600 on Mac 10.5
Post by: NickOsborne on February 18, 2010, 03:34:10 am
Also what is the best way to completely and I mean completely remove all epson related files?

Thanks

Nick
Title: Printing from CS4 to Epson 7600 on Mac 10.5
Post by: Farmer on February 18, 2010, 06:03:04 am
Quote from: NickOsborne
Also what is the best way to completely and I mean completely remove all epson related files?

Thanks

Nick

Are you sure you're using the Epson driver and not the Apple supplied driver?

I'd recommend resetting the printing system and then installing the latest driver downloaded from Epson.

Refer to resetting here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1341 (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1341)

Also, just confirming you're on 10.5 and not 10.6, yes?
Title: Printing from CS4 to Epson 7600 on Mac 10.5
Post by: dchew on February 18, 2010, 06:06:43 am
Quote from: NickOsborne
Also what is the best way to completely and I mean completely remove all epson related files?

Thanks

Nick
This is what Epson had me do to remove files, but it was for 10.6:

Go to Library/printers, dump the EPSON folder into the trash, but do not empty trash.
Restart computer
Empty trash
Run disk utility on the Macintosh HD and Repair Permissions
Restart computer
Get diskimage file for driver and reload driver
Restart computer
Install printer

Of course if you have other Epson printers they get dumped as well.

Dave

Title: Printing from CS4 to Epson 7600 on Mac 10.5
Post by: NickOsborne on February 18, 2010, 07:13:12 am
Quote from: Farmer
Are you sure you're using the Epson driver and not the Apple supplied driver?

I'd recommend resetting the printing system and then installing the latest driver downloaded from Epson.

Refer to resetting here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1341 (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1341)

Also, just confirming you're on 10.5 and not 10.6, yes?

It's the Epson 3.06 driver that i'm using which I have installed from Epson. I've had no problems until yesterday.  10.5 is the operating system as no support in snow lep. for 7600.

thanks for the reply!
Title: Printing from CS4 to Epson 7600 on Mac 10.5
Post by: NickOsborne on February 18, 2010, 07:19:41 am
Quote from: dchew
This is what Epson had me do to remove files, but it was for 10.6:

Go to Library/printers, dump the EPSON folder into the trash, but do not empty trash.
Restart computer
Empty trash
Run disk utility on the Macintosh HD and Repair Permissions
Restart computer
Get diskimage file for driver and reload driver
Restart computer
Install printer

Of course if you have other Epson printers they get dumped as well.

Dave


Thanks Dave

I'll be on to it tomorrow... 11pm Here...

I'm sure that I will get the printer printing correctly again... but it the cause that bugs my... If the cause is know it's easy to avoid/fix

Thanks again and I will share all results.

Nick

Title: Printing from CS4 to Epson 7600 on Mac 10.5
Post by: Farmer on February 18, 2010, 03:09:07 pm
Quote from: NickOsborne
It's the Epson 3.06 driver that i'm using which I have installed from Epson. I've had no problems until yesterday.  10.5 is the operating system as no support in snow lep. for 7600.

thanks for the reply!

SPro7600_309EFGIPSs.dmg is the file name of the 3.09 version driver for Intel Macs on the Epson Australia website.  You might want to update, just in case?
Title: Printing from CS4 to Epson 7600 on Mac 10.5
Post by: NickOsborne on February 18, 2010, 05:28:07 pm
Quote from: dchew
This is what Epson had me do to remove files, but it was for 10.6:

Go to Library/printers, dump the EPSON folder into the trash, but do not empty trash.
Restart computer
Empty trash
Run disk utility on the Macintosh HD and Repair Permissions
Restart computer
Get diskimage file for driver and reload driver
Restart computer
Install printer

Of course if you have other Epson printers they get dumped as well.

Dave


Dave I've done this and the problems is still there. I'm not even sure what plan 'B' is now!
Nick
Title: Printing from CS4 to Epson 7600 on Mac 10.5
Post by: NickOsborne on February 18, 2010, 06:34:42 pm
Ok I may have resolved the issue.

I recently purchased Datacolor Spyder Studio SR. I produced some printed patches to profile a new paper. I noticed that they were slightly smaller than normal... but didn't bother about it to much.

I removed Studio SR and I have no more printing problems.

I'm going to re install Studio SR and try to recreate the problem.

I'll let you know how I go!

Cheers and thanks for the helpful suggestions

Nick