Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Rocco Penny on February 16, 2010, 09:19:25 am
-
I've been toying with the rgb values for a true 18% gray card.
Calibrated monitor and printer,
printed in greyscale via photoshop @ 128 Too darkfor sure.
I have kelby's text that has the camera raw white balance card included in the back.
128 comes out exactly as the midtone color that is included there as well.
Can anyone share the value for an 18% gray tone?
I read it here before, and my searches may as well be directed toward some fire truck afficianadowebsite for as terrible as I guess I am at using the search function here,
Oh well I hope this fits here, and that I'm not just a taker for asking-
have a very nice day,
rocco
-
Rocco,
Depending on other settings, I believe 18% GRAY is usually between 111,111,111 and 127,127,127.
Depends on gamma etc.
-
R=117, G=117, B=117 in AdobeRGB, or 117 in Grayscale (with Gray: "Gray Gamma 2.2" in Color Settings) will get you about as close as you can get.