Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: Ellis Vener on February 14, 2010, 04:18:53 pm

Title: Profile Maker Professional 5.0.10 problem
Post by: Ellis Vener on February 14, 2010, 04:18:53 pm
After reading a target, in this case the three page version of  Bill Atkinson's 1728 patch target, Profile Maker 5.0.10 is not saving the data. it doesn't show back in PMP 5 for  generating the profile and when I use finder to look at the saved file , the file shows that it is Zero KB in size.

I have all other peripherals disconnected from the computer save the keyboard, the dongle and the EyeOne pro, and a Drobo v2 (firewire).

Computer: OS X 10.5.8, 2.17GHz intel Core 2 Duo iMac.
Title: Profile Maker Professional 5.0.10 problem
Post by: terrywyse on February 14, 2010, 07:10:14 pm
Quote from: Ellis Vener
After reading a target, in this case the three page version of  Bill Atkinson's 1728 patch target, Profile Maker 5.0.10 is not saving the data. it doesn't show back in PMP 5 for  generating the profile and when I use finder to look at the saved file , the file shows that it is Zero KB in size.


Are you using PM Measure Tool to measure and save the data before taking the data into PM Pro? If not, it's a good habit to get into rather than measuring directly in PM Pro.

Regards,
Terry
Title: Profile Maker Professional 5.0.10 problem
Post by: djoy on February 15, 2010, 04:12:40 am
Try Uninstalling the software completely, clearing out all the files, and re-installing. Version 5.0.10 included new drivers for the HASP dongle, and after installing 5.0.10 on my Windows PC I had problems with the dongle not being recognised.

Couldn't say for sure if that's your problem, but something to try.
Title: Profile Maker Professional 5.0.10 problem
Post by: Ellis Vener on February 15, 2010, 07:41:05 pm
Quote from: djoy
Try Uninstalling the software completely, clearing out all the files, and re-installing. Version 5.0.10 included new drivers for the HASP dongle, and after installing 5.0.10 on my Windows PC I had problems with the dongle not being recognised.

Couldn't say for sure if that's your problem, but something to try.

Thanks djoy,

Per your advice and very friendly tech support at Xrite, I :

Unistalled existing version, repaired disk permissions, downloaded new copy and installed. And all is now right with the world. It had been about 6>8 months since I last profiled a paper so I had also forgotten about using the Measure Tool to read the patches instead of just going directly through PMP 5.

Ellis Vener
http://www.ellisvener.com (http://www.ellisvener.com)

p.s. I sure would rather be out making new photos than making profiles and figuring out software glitches.
Title: Profile Maker Professional 5.0.10 problem
Post by: Mussi_Spectraflow on February 18, 2010, 03:42:39 pm
Quote from: Ellis Vener
Thanks djoy,

Per your advice and very friendly tech support at Xrite, I :

Unistalled existing version, repaired disk permissions, downloaded new copy and installed. And all is now right with the world. It had been about 6>8 months since I last profiled a paper so I had also forgotten about using the Measure Tool to read the patches instead of just going directly through PMP 5.

Ellis Vener
http://www.ellisvener.com (http://www.ellisvener.com)

p.s. I sure would rather be out making new photos than making profiles and figuring out software glitches.

Another Option would be to measure the target in ColorPort and then import that into PM. Personally I like doing my measurements this way and then saving the measurement formatted for the profiling software I intend to use as well as as an alternate, or a generic CGATS file. This allows me to go back and rebuild the profile at a later time with different settings or with a different utility.