Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: jasdown on February 14, 2010, 02:50:45 pm

Title: A naive canvas question
Post by: jasdown on February 14, 2010, 02:50:45 pm
At the risk of revealing myself to be foolish and uninformed (a state, in which, I readily admit to belonging), would it be in any way feasible to add a "whole page" application of HP Gloss Enhancer to a canvas printed on a Z3200, with the intent of it being stretched?  Basically, I was wondering if the HP G.E. pass could function as sort of a low-budget, short-term alternative to a wet-rolled laminate like Glamour II or Eco Print Shield?

(Probably no great revelation here, but I have never made a canvas print.)

Title: A naive canvas question
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on February 15, 2010, 06:17:23 am
Quote from: jasdown
At the risk of revealing myself to be foolish and uninformed (a state, in which, I readily admit to belonging), would it be in any way feasible to add a "whole page" application of HP Gloss Enhancer to a canvas printed on a Z3200, with the intent of it being stretched?  Basically, I was wondering if the HP G.E. pass could function as sort of a low-budget, short-term alternative to a wet-rolled laminate like Glamour II or Eco Print Shield?

(Probably no great revelation here, but I have never made a canvas print.)

Nope, the gloss enhancer has no body for an application like that. It can be used on gloss canvas I guess but it will not offer protection like the sprayed varnishes.



met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/)