Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Bill Jaynes on February 13, 2010, 02:08:12 pm

Title: K3 inks and cold temperatures
Post by: Bill Jaynes on February 13, 2010, 02:08:12 pm
Hi,
I need to mothball a 4800 temporarily. The most likely storage is not temperature controlled and could fall to 15 F before spring. Does anyone know the issues with how cold an Epson Pro can get before something goes wrong with the carts, head, tubing?
Thanks!
Title: K3 inks and cold temperatures
Post by: dchew on February 13, 2010, 05:01:47 pm
I was visiting Michael a few weeks ago and a similar topic came up because I occasionally have ink delivered during the day to my house and wondered what happens when it is 10 degrees out all day.  He Googled and found -4 to 104 F.  I just tried a few searches and couldn't find the exact page he found, but I did find this for a 7600:
7600 Printer Specifications (http://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/pro76p/pro76prf/infor_2.htm)

It shows the same storage temperature range (installed): -4 to 104.

My 7900 manual says -4 to 156 F, but that doesn't say if it is before or after installation.

All three sources have the same minimum temperature, so it looks like you are ok.

Dave
Title: K3 inks and cold temperatures
Post by: Bill Jaynes on February 13, 2010, 05:14:35 pm
Thank you very much, Dave.
That clears a big hurdle for me.

It shows the same storage temperature range (installed): -4 to 104.

My 7900 manual says -4 to 156 F, but that doesn't say if it is before or after installation.

All three sources have the same minimum temperature, so it looks like you are ok.

Dave
[/quote]