Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Photolandscape on February 09, 2010, 01:42:05 am

Title: Settings on Epson 3800
Post by: Photolandscape on February 09, 2010, 01:42:05 am
I haven't printed anything for awhile, and someone else in the family has commandeered my Mac G5 and Epson 3800. I can't remember the correct settings and need to be reminded what they should be--

1) Color Handling--Printer Manages? or ?
2) Rendering Intent--Relative Colormetric? or ?

Where do I choose the correct paper profile?

When I go to print,

Select Print Settings
Select Advanced Settings--

Select Print Quality
Select Superfine 1440 dpi
High Speed Off--

Select Printer Color Mgt.
Select OFF.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks.




Title: Settings on Epson 3800
Post by: francois on February 09, 2010, 06:06:41 am
Quote from: Photolandscape
I haven't printed anything for awhile, and someone else in the family has commandeered my Mac G5 and Epson 3800. I can't remember the correct settings and need to be reminded what they should be--

1) Color Handling--Printer Manages? or ?
2) Rendering Intent--Relative Colormetric? or ?

Where do I choose the correct paper profile?

When I go to print,

Select Print Settings
Select Advanced Settings--

Select Print Quality
Select Superfine 1440 dpi
High Speed Off--

Select Printer Color Mgt.
Select OFF.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks.

1. You should not use printer manages colors.
2. Rendering can be either relative colorimetric or perceptual.

You don't tell us how you print (Photoshop, Lightroom or other)…… It would help us to point you in the right direction.
Visit Eric Chan's website on the 3800:  http://people.csail.mit.edu/ericchan/dp/Epson3800/index.html (http://people.csail.mit.edu/ericchan/dp/Epson3800/index.html)
Title: Settings on Epson 3800
Post by: David Saffir on February 09, 2010, 02:32:03 pm
I would use application managed color, perceptual rendering intent for photos. For application managed color, you'll need the ICC profiles. You should see a drop down list in the photoshop print dialogue box.

David