Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: mshowe on February 08, 2010, 02:37:03 pm
-
I purchased a De-Roller from Shadesofpaper,i have been using it to decurl 12mil. rc paper prints,when i unroll the print and look at it there are creases running the width of the De-Roller which show on the printed side. can someone using this device give me a hint on using the
De-Roller,or is it just for fine art media and unusable for rc prints? i would be very grateful for any help with this matter. Thank you!
-
I purchased a De-Roller from Shadesofpaper,i have been using it to decurl 12mil. rc paper prints,when i unroll the print and look at it there are creases running the width of the De-Roller which show on the printed side. can someone using this device give me a hint on using the
De-Roller,or is it just for fine art media and unusable for rc prints? i would be very grateful for any help with this matter. Thank you!
I have never used my D-Roller with rc paper, but it might help to put your sheet in at a bit of an angle. If I roll my cotton rag papers perpendicular to the roller, I see subtle "creases". Sounds like this is more pronounced with your paper. If I turn my sheet a bit off-square, the problem goes away.
Terry.
-
The crease is from the edge of the RC paper putting pressure on the print as you roll it. If you dry mount the print, this
mark will not show.
I don't know of anyway not to get this effect, rolling from the side still causes it for me. I have had some luck using a sheet
of Epson Enhanced matte paper over the print. This seems to lessen the effect of the edge pressure. If the De-Roller had a
softer material to help absorb some of the pressure, then this might not be a problem.
Fine art papers don't seem to have this issue as you pointed out,
Paul C
-
thanks to one and all fot the information on using the De-Roller Milt:
-
The crease is from the edge of the RC paper putting pressure on the print as you roll it. If you dry mount the print, this
mark will not show.
I don't know of anyway not to get this effect, rolling from the side still causes it for me. I have had some luck using a sheet
of Epson Enhanced matte paper over the print. This seems to lessen the effect of the edge pressure. If the De-Roller had a
softer material to help absorb some of the pressure, then this might not be a problem.
Fine art papers don't seem to have this issue as you pointed out,
Paul C
Never had a D-roller but I expected they would have thought about that effect. Hahnemühle roll cores changed in time from spiral wound to parallel wound carton, the last winding end is raised on the core where the edge of paper to be rolled on the core is placed against, That way there is less of a dent in the paper layers over it. It wouldn't be difficult to make a similar aluminium extrusion tube. Epson had another solution for EEM rolls with a foam layer on the core to even out the pressure of the paper edge. I use both cores for my DIY versions. Used them before the D-roller was known to me and I wasn't the only one to do so.
met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla
Dinkla Gallery Canvas Wrap Actions for Photoshop
http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.html (http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.html)