Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: lisa_r on February 08, 2010, 11:16:54 am

Title: flip book web site
Post by: lisa_r on February 08, 2010, 11:16:54 am
Do any of you know of good tools to achieve the below effect (page flipping) on a web site?

http://www.nytimes.com/indexes/2009/10/18/...ssue/index.html (http://www.nytimes.com/indexes/2009/10/18/t-magazine/womens-fashion-issue/index.html)

http://at-y.com/ (http://at-y.com/)

I am wondering if such an effect is possible without flash?
Title: flip book web site
Post by: fredjeang on February 08, 2010, 11:59:10 am
Quote from: lisa_r
Do any of you know of good tools to achieve the below effect (page flipping) on a web site?

http://www.nytimes.com/indexes/2009/10/18/...ssue/index.html (http://www.nytimes.com/indexes/2009/10/18/t-magazine/womens-fashion-issue/index.html)

http://at-y.com/ (http://at-y.com/)

I am wondering if such an effect is possible without flash?
Hi Lisa,
It should be possible with Jquery (java script).
So far i quick search leeded me here: http://www.jquery.info/scripts/jFlip/demo.html (http://www.jquery.info/scripts/jFlip/demo.html), but there is a lot more for sure and looking in the JQuery world you should be able to find something. Then....programing   .
If you want to avoid programing Flash is the only way that I know.

also see:http://www.flashpageflip.com/Online-Demo.asp
and http://vcab.com/ (http://vcab.com/).

There is more for sure.
Good luck,

Fred.
Title: flip book web site
Post by: pcunite on February 08, 2010, 06:05:32 pm
lisa,
Having a unique website I think is important, but the first thought that comes to my mind is "Cool... wonder who did this for him?... Now let's see if the images are any good". I am very familiar with html and made a website that was all based on real objects that you interacted with. In the end it was all distracting and in the way of what I get paid to do.

This is just something to consider in your search for virtual objects.
Title: flip book web site
Post by: lisa_r on February 08, 2010, 09:04:08 pm
I am looking into presenting some bodies of work like that. I believe it can be very effective at times (as on at-y's site above.)
Thanks guys.
Title: flip book web site
Post by: jimgolden on February 10, 2010, 01:47:34 pm
google issuu. not as nice but...
Title: Re: flip book web site
Post by: laynein on January 13, 2011, 03:13:25 am
Try axmag.com. This product can be ideal to me. They offer free online conversion, which shows me the totally experience of flipping book. And pro software is available for download. More info http://www.axmag.com
Title: Re: flip book web site
Post by: JonathanBenoit on January 13, 2011, 08:00:12 am
I was doing some research on this last year for a historical libary looking to serve some of their material online.
If you are looking for more book like version, the british library has created the best solution. http://www.bl.uk/onlinegallery/ttp/ttpbooks.html (http://www.bl.uk/onlinegallery/ttp/ttpbooks.html)
I'm sure you can contact them and ask about getting the code for a reasonable fee. Then you can hire someone to set it up for you.