Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: budjames on February 06, 2010, 09:35:51 am

Title: Loving my Epson 3880 printing from LR 2.6
Post by: budjames on February 06, 2010, 09:35:51 am
After years of saving Photoshop images as flattened TIFFs and then printing with Image Print 6 to my Epson R2400, I am really loving printing directly from LR 2.6 to my new Epson 3880 using canned profiles to print to Epson Exhibition Fiber, Ilford Galerle Gold Silk and various RedRiver papers.

The process is now streamlined, the results are excellent and the increase in printing speed is appreciated.

Wow! Look how far we have come in just a few years!

 I tried the beta recently, but it had too many bugs for my liking on my MacPro 8-core running SL 10.6.2. I can't wait until the release of LR 3.0 with the enhancements it brings.

Cheers.
Bud
Title: Loving my Epson 3880 printing from LR 2.6
Post by: johnwolf on February 06, 2010, 10:30:10 pm
Thanks, Bud. Thinking about the same move from 2400 to 3880. How are you handling soft-proofing?

John
Title: Loving my Epson 3880 printing from LR 2.6
Post by: budjames on February 07, 2010, 07:09:17 am
Quote from: johnwolf
Thanks, Bud. Thinking about the same move from 2400 to 3880. How are you handling soft-proofing?

John

Quite frankly, it has not been much of a problem. Initially, I would take a final image into Photoshop to see the soft proofing, but I never made any adjustments. I might not be a "master printer", but my work still wins prizes and accolades, and, it sells too!

Soft proofing is obviously missing from LR. Based on rumors, I am hopeful that it makes it into the final release version of LR 3.0. We shall see.

Cheers.
Bud
Title: Loving my Epson 3880 printing from LR 2.6
Post by: vandevanterSH on February 07, 2010, 01:35:36 pm
"Quite frankly, it has not been much of a problem. Initially, I would take a final image into Photoshop to see the soft proofing, but I never made any adjustments....."
*********
That has been my experience.  

Steve