Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: vjbelle on February 05, 2010, 05:34:29 pm

Title: Save Settings Win7 and Epson 9900
Post by: vjbelle on February 05, 2010, 05:34:29 pm
Does anyone else print with a 9900 and Windows 7?  If so, have you been able to save your settings?  I can't.  No matter what I do the settings are cancelled/erased when I attempt to print from PS.  The normal way to save settings is to save them outside of PS and through control panel.  This is very different from a Mac environment but should work.  Apparently it does work with Epson support - except they work with XP not Win7.  I'm just trying to find out if this is a glitch with Win7 and the Epson driver.  This should also apply to 7900 series printers.
Title: Save Settings Win7 and Epson 9900
Post by: Ken on February 05, 2010, 09:25:43 pm
Quote from: vjbelle
Does anyone else print with a 9900 and Windows 7?  If so, have you been able to save your settings?  I can't.  No matter what I do the settings are cancelled/erased when I attempt to print from PS.  The normal way to save settings is to save them outside of PS and through control panel.  This is very different from a Mac environment but should work.  Apparently it does work with Epson support - except they work with XP not Win7.  I'm just trying to find out if this is a glitch with Win7 and the Epson driver.  This should also apply to 7900 series printers.

I had no problem saving settings with Win7 - 7900 on Ethernet. (Wish I could do more to help you with Win7 specifically, but I switched back to XP for other reasons.)  I have never heard of saving settings "outside of PS and through control panel". You should be able to set and save everything while in Photoshop through your Epson printer interface. Which settings are not recording? Have you downloaded and installed the updated software from the Epson Pro Imaging site? (The software on the CD that came with the printer is not current.)
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support...foType=Overview (http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/SupportIndex.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=-10235&infoType=Overview)
Title: Save Settings Win7 and Epson 9900
Post by: vjbelle on February 06, 2010, 03:55:25 am
Quote from: Ken
I had no problem saving settings with Win7 - 7900 on Ethernet. (Wish I could do more to help you with Win7 specifically, but I switched back to XP for other reasons.)  I have never heard of saving settings "outside of PS and through control panel". You should be able to set and save everything while in Photoshop through your Epson printer interface. Which settings are not recording? Have you downloaded and installed the updated software from the Epson Pro Imaging site? (The software on the CD that came with the printer is not current.)
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support...foType=Overview (http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/SupportIndex.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=-10235&infoType=Overview)

Ken,

I am also connected with ethernet but that is not the issue.  If I attempt to save any printer settings (give the settings a name and hit save) the software saves that setting for the moment.  The minute I leave that screen the software presents me with a window that says that some user settings have been deleted and my settings are gone……. very, very frustrating.  

I am using the latest version of the driver.  My next step is to start with a fresh install of Win7…. big pita!

Thanks for the reply...
Title: Save Settings Win7 and Epson 9900
Post by: vjbelle on February 06, 2010, 10:09:15 am
Quote from: vjbelle
Does anyone else print with a 9900 and Windows 7?  If so, have you been able to save your settings?  I can't.  No matter what I do the settings are cancelled/erased when I attempt to print from PS.  The normal way to save settings is to save them outside of PS and through control panel.  This is very different from a Mac environment but should work.  Apparently it does work with Epson support - except they work with XP not Win7.  I'm just trying to find out if this is a glitch with Win7 and the Epson driver.  This should also apply to 7900 series printers.

Ken,

I did a clean install of Win7 and still had no luck saving printer settings from within PS.  However I was successful saving settings when saved from control panel (outside of PS).  I know this is kind of clunky but that is how Epson tech support said it had to be done.  At least I got to save my settings instead of going through menu after menu every time I change paper or want different settings.  

Victor