Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: John R on February 04, 2010, 10:03:46 pm

Title: Fence and snow
Post by: John R on February 04, 2010, 10:03:46 pm
Sometimes an image looks better than in real life. I think this captures the delicacy of falling snow on the iron, man-made fence.


JMR
Title: Fence and snow
Post by: Joe Behar on February 04, 2010, 10:39:55 pm
Quote from: John R
Sometimes an image looks better than in real life. I think this captures the delicacy of falling snow on the a iron man-made fence.


JMR

John,

The shot is moderately interesting to me, but what I really want to say is that this appears to be a turning point for your B&W conversions. I must admit I was not a fan of your previous conversions to monochrome, but this shot is very well done IMO.

Nice contrast and great detail in both shadows and highlights.
Title: Fence and snow
Post by: John R on February 05, 2010, 05:59:17 pm
Quote from: Joe Behar
John,

The shot is moderately interesting to me, but what I really want to say is that this appears to be a turning point for your B&W conversions. I must admit I was not a fan of your previous conversions to monochrome, but this shot is very well done IMO.

Nice contrast and great detail in both shadows and highlights.
Thanks Joe. I would like to take the credit but it was really the work of a preset on my Photo Elements program. The originals have good contrast too and of course, I did elect to keep which preset best conveys the black and its highlights. I just added a second image, which you may recognize. These were taken at Cataract Inn in Cataract village, which I think you are familiar with.
Title: Fence and snow
Post by: Joe Behar on February 06, 2010, 05:31:28 pm
Quote from: John R
Thanks Joe. I would like to take the credit but it was really the work of a preset on my Photo Elements program. The originals have good contrast too and of course, I did elect to keep which preset best conveys the black and its highlights. I just added a second image, which you may recognize. These were taken at Cataract Inn in Cataract village, which I think you are familiar with.

John,

I do indeed recognize it. I try to say hello when I pass by and remember. Usually I have trout on my mind when I'm in the area though