Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: petermarrek on February 03, 2010, 11:51:31 am

Title: process corrupted files?
Post by: petermarrek on February 03, 2010, 11:51:31 am
Shot a bunch of files that were corrupted on the card. LR will not import them, is there anyway to modify them so that LR likes them? Peter
Title: process corrupted files?
Post by: tokengirl on February 03, 2010, 11:57:22 am
How were you importing them?  Via a card reader, or directly from the camera?
Title: process corrupted files?
Post by: Mark D Segal on February 03, 2010, 12:03:51 pm
If the files were truly corrupted on the card, the first step would be to try using a data rescue utility for re-instating the integrity of the files, then try importing them again into LR. Sandisk has such utilities. I am sure there must be others.
Title: process corrupted files?
Post by: francois on February 03, 2010, 12:17:22 pm
Try to use another card reader or directly from the camera.
If that fails then try PhotoRescue (website (http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/)). A demo version is available here: Demo download (http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/download.htm).
Title: process corrupted files?
Post by: petermarrek on February 03, 2010, 03:48:13 pm
Tried 2 different card readers, fially downloaded them with Image capture. A lot of the files are partly obscured with loloured noise, many are blank. Looking back, I had some evidence that something was wrong, LR imported previous files that had minor problems obviously not bad enough to reject.
Title: process corrupted files?
Post by: petermarrek on February 03, 2010, 03:52:01 pm
Quote from: petermarrek
Tried 2 different card readers, fially downloaded them with Image capture. A lot of the files are partly obscured with loloured noise, many are blank. Looking back, I had some evidence that something was wrong, LR imported previous files that had minor problems obviously not bad enough to reject.


I hope this is a card problem, not camera.
Title: process corrupted files?
Post by: petermarrek on February 18, 2010, 10:31:04 am
Happy to report that the software offered by Sandisc, Image Rescue was able to rescue all but two files. One of the symptoms I ignored, my D3x did not give me a preview right after taking the photo. Now I know one more thing to watch out for. Peter