Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: tgipson on February 01, 2010, 10:01:38 am
-
I am waiting for my new 4880 to arrive to replace my old 3800 and am looking forward to printing from roll paper. However a question came up when looking at sheet vs roll paper costs. On a 50' roll, can I get 25 17" x 22" prints?
Thanks for the help.
-
I am waiting for my new 4880 to arrive to replace my old 3800 and am looking forward to printing from roll paper. However a question came up when looking at sheet vs roll paper costs. On a 50' roll, can I get 25 17" x 22" prints?
Thanks for the help.
No, if only because the rolls are 16" wide (at least the Epson premium luster rolls are). When you print on roll paper, you specify the paper width (always 16") and the height, which can be almost any value. The printer cuts the paper quite accurately at that height. So, if you specify 22" as the height you will be able to get 27 prints from a 50' roll. (50' = 600", 22" into 600" goes 27.27 times).
BTW, I have had the 4880 for a year now - it is a great printer, I think you will be very happy.
-
If you set up the printing with no gaps you should get 24 prints with lead in & off wastage, 25 would be very tight. I doubt they give you any extra on a roll I've never used 50 foot rolls just the 100's . I prefer an edge on my prints for handling & mounting when framing.
-
If you set up the printing with no gaps you should get 24 prints with lead in & off wastage, 25 would be very tight. I doubt they give you any extra on a roll I've never used 50 foot rolls just the 100's . I prefer an edge on my prints for handling & mounting when framing.
Thanks for both responses so far. I think that was my unasked question: how much wastage is there in a roll? I anticipate print sizes of 16-17 x 22, but image sizes smaller to allow an inch or so for handling. I was trying to think ahead to know if I had a print run of 25 prints, would that fit on a 50' roll or would 50 prints fit a 100' roll?
-
Thanks for both responses so far. I think that was my unasked question: how much wastage is there in a roll? I anticipate print sizes of 16-17 x 22, but image sizes smaller to allow an inch or so for handling. I was trying to think ahead to know if I had a print run of 25 prints, would that fit on a 50' roll or would 50 prints fit a 100' roll?
Really there is no wastage except the tag end when the roll runs out.
-
Really there is no wastage except the tag end when the roll runs out.
Great!! Thanks for the feedback and that's very helpful.