Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Locheil on January 31, 2010, 11:15:18 am

Title: upgrading epson r1800 > r3880 question
Post by: Locheil on January 31, 2010, 11:15:18 am
I'm considering upgrading my R1800 to the Epson 3880, & thought I had my mind already made up, but I see that the droplet size on the 3880 is considerably bigger on the R3800 = 3.5pl compared to 1.5pl on the R1800.
Does this mean the prints will not be as sharp as my R1800 prints?

...Alan
Title: upgrading epson r1800 > r3880 question
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on January 31, 2010, 02:32:54 pm
Quote from: Locheil
I'm considering upgrading my R1800 to the Epson 3880, & thought I had my mind already made up, but I see that the droplet size on the 3880 is considerably bigger on the R3800 = 3.5pl compared to 1.5pl on the R1800.
Does this mean the prints will not be as sharp as my R1800 prints?

...Alan

The minimum picoliter droplet size is just one element. Improvements in dithering-weaving, the driver's extrapolation and the extra grey inks in the 3880 could prove to be as important for print quality.



met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/)
Title: upgrading epson r1800 > r3880 question
Post by: madmanchan on January 31, 2010, 03:38:26 pm
Prints should be just as sharp on the R3880.
Title: upgrading epson r1800 > r3880 question
Post by: Locheil on January 31, 2010, 04:11:02 pm
Quote from: madmanchan
Prints should be just as sharp on the R3880.


Thanks for putting my mind at ease.

...Alan
Title: upgrading epson r1800 > r3880 question
Post by: Alistair on February 03, 2010, 03:48:31 am
Quote from: Locheil
Thanks for putting my mind at ease.

...Alan

The inkset is much better on the 3880 too. The R1800 inkset has far too much bronzing for my taste.