Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: cunim on January 30, 2010, 09:27:50 am

Title: print rack
Post by: cunim on January 30, 2010, 09:27:50 am
I have started making larger prints and now have them covering every available surface.  Any recommendations for print racks and supplier links in Canada?  I suppose the easiest to use are the V-shaped racks?
Title: print rack
Post by: Justan on January 30, 2010, 10:00:58 am
If you are looking for used go to Google and enter

print drying rack site:craigslist.org

The above is a command line from their advanced search. This will search all of Craigslist's listings.

Otherwise, there are a number of vendors that sell new. They can be pretty pricy.

You can also make one out of wood in an afternoon, if you like doing that sort of thing.
Title: print rack
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on January 30, 2010, 02:30:41 pm


Check secondhand silkscreen printing drying racks, enough shops gone bust.



met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

Dinkla Gallery Canvas Wrap Actions for Photoshop
http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.html (http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.html)
Title: print rack
Post by: Scott O. on February 01, 2010, 11:41:26 am
In my old darkroom days, I used stacked fiberglass window screens for drying.  Available in many sizes, just get what you need.  I put 1/2" or so rubber bumpers on the corners to space them a bit.  They really worked very well.  I have recently made some storage boxes out of glued form core.  Make it so the prints stack vertically.  Adding a few more dividers than I did would accomplish what you want.  Can be made in any size and you can even make a hinged top to keep them clean.  Very easy to do, all you need is some foam core, a good ruler, a sharp blade, and some foam core glue.