Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: robgo2 on January 29, 2010, 12:13:18 pm

Title: How do I get a custom printer profile?
Post by: robgo2 on January 29, 2010, 12:13:18 pm
I am currently using the Epson 3880 with Ilford Gold Fibre Silk.  I am very satisfied with the results overall.  However, I am not satisfied with the colors produced by Ilford's ICC profile for this paper and printer.

Hence, I am interested in producing or obtaining a custom profile for GFS with my printer.  I understand that I can do it myself with products such as ColorMunki, but I am more inclined to use a commercial service, if they can do the job properly.  Any recommendations will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob
Title: How do I get a custom printer profile?
Post by: bill t. on January 29, 2010, 03:57:18 pm
Cathy's Profiles has been around for a long time as seems to be well regarded.  There's a very exhaustive checklist to help you do your end of the process correctly.

http://www.cathysprofiles.com/ (http://www.cathysprofiles.com/)

And there are many others. I have had good results from the profiling service at Inkjetart.com.  I have not used any service since I got my Spyder 3 Print system (about $300) which makes excellent paper and canvas profiles with about an hour's work per media type.
Title: How do I get a custom printer profile?
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 29, 2010, 04:17:24 pm
I have gotten excellent profiles (both color and ABW) from Eric Chan (madmanchan here on LL) at very reasonable prices with quick service. I believe Andrew Rodney ("digitaldog") also makes profiles. I haven't tried his, but he was next on my list to try in case Eric Chan's didn't work so well.

Eric (M, not Chan!)




Title: How do I get a custom printer profile?
Post by: Rhossydd on January 29, 2010, 05:13:10 pm
We've been in business since 2003 without any complaints.

http://www.colourprofiles.com (http://www.colourprofiles.com)

Ask us nicely and we'll give LL contributors a special price too.

Paul
Title: How do I get a custom printer profile?
Post by: BobMertlich on January 29, 2010, 09:56:00 pm

I am currently using the Epson 3880 with Ilford Gold Fibre Silk.  I am very satisfied with the results overall.  However, I am not satisfied with the colors produced by Ilford's ICC profile for this paper and printer.

Hence, I am interested in producing or obtaining a custom profile for GFS with my printer.  I understand that I can do it myself with products such as ColorMunki, but I am more inclined to use a commercial service, if they can do the job properly.  Any recommendations will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

Shoot I'll do one for you free. Drop over to utahsnapshot.com.
Bob


Title: How do I get a custom printer profile?
Post by: Professional on January 29, 2010, 11:04:11 pm
If i know how to do ICC profile for printing then i will do one for you, i have Epson 3800 though.
Title: How do I get a custom printer profile?
Post by: Schewe on January 30, 2010, 12:30:28 am
Quote from: robgo2
I understand that I can do it myself with products such as ColorMunki, but I am more inclined to use a commercial service, if they can do the job properly.  Any recommendations will be appreciated.


One of our own can do it very well too...

Andrew Rodney, the Digital Dog (http://www.digitaldog.net/).



That's not to say Eric Chan wouldn't do an excellent job...but I have it on good authority, he's jammin' on some pretty serious code these days –Photoshop CS5 is due, well, can't say but it's prolly sooner as apposed to later and I suspect Eric is a bit busy on the NEXT version of Camera Raw...

:~)

I happen to know Andrew does a great job–he's the one who made the PG Exhibition Fiber Paper (EFP) for Epson...
Title: How do I get a custom printer profile?
Post by: neile on January 30, 2010, 12:54:59 am
Andy Biggs, another frequent contributor here, does them as well. He also does all the profiles for the Moab papers.

www.andybiggs.com

Neil