Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Frank Remar on January 27, 2010, 11:13:20 pm

Title: Z3100 24" Paper loading
Post by: Frank Remar on January 27, 2010, 11:13:20 pm
I have been out of town for two weeks and upon returning I can no longer load rolls of paper.  No matter what type of roll I try to load I keep getting the message on the front panel "Cancelling load.  End of roll reached.  Press OK to continue."
When I press OK it instructs me to remove the roll and when I try to reload the same thing happens.  I have been using the printer for over two years and have never encountered this problem.  I have searched the HP support site to no avail.  Has anyone encountered this problem, and, if so, what is the solution?
Title: Z3100 24" Paper loading
Post by: David Saffir on January 27, 2010, 11:53:36 pm
I'm not sure exactly, but here are some things you can try:

Turn the printer off using the switch on the back. Unplug it. Let it rest 15 minutes. Restart your computer. Then restart the printer.

If that doesn't work, check the firmware version you have vs the printer driver. Are they congruent?

Last, you may have a blocked or broken internal sensor in the printer. One trick you might try is feeding a large sheet of paper (16x20) via the manual feed on the back/top of the printer. That may help reset the sensor.

Best I can do.

David
Title: Z3100 24" Paper loading
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on January 28, 2010, 03:12:55 am
David's advice is sound. The paper sensor isn't that internal though. So if the powering down and up doesn't do it there is a way to get to the sensor, a simple mechanical switch.


met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/)


Title: Z3100 24" Paper loading
Post by: Frank Remar on January 28, 2010, 10:34:33 am
Thank you both for your suggestions.  I should have time to try them today.
Frank