Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: robgo2 on January 25, 2010, 04:48:34 pm

Title: Epson 3880 and Snow Leopard--is it OK now?
Post by: robgo2 on January 25, 2010, 04:48:34 pm
I realize that there were initial problems associated with Snow Leopard and Epson printers.  Does the latest Epson 3880 driver work properly, or should I not upgrade to OS 10.6?

Rob
Title: Epson 3880 and Snow Leopard--is it OK now?
Post by: KeithHollister on January 25, 2010, 06:49:16 pm
Quote from: robgo2
I realize that there were initial problems associated with Snow Leopard and Epson printers.  Does the latest Epson 3880 driver work properly, or should I not upgrade to OS 10.6?

Rob

Working fine here - the only issue I recall was the problem of printing calibration targets with no color management, however this was not Epson-specific.

Keith
Title: Epson 3880 and Snow Leopard--is it OK now?
Post by: kbolin on January 25, 2010, 07:44:47 pm
Same here... no issues!
Title: Epson 3880 and Snow Leopard--is it OK now?
Post by: Dick Roadnight on January 26, 2010, 06:06:55 am
Quote from: robgo2
I realize that there were initial problems associated with Snow Leopard and Epson printers.  Does the latest Epson 3880 driver work properly, or should I not upgrade to OS 10.6?

Rob
I do not know about the 3880, but there is not a decent driver for the 2100... it works but the prints look muddy and horrible.
Title: Epson 3880 and Snow Leopard--is it OK now?
Post by: BobMertlich on January 26, 2010, 09:22:10 pm
I've used these instructions for several installs of epson printers on 10.6

http://macperformanceguide.com/SnowLeopard-Printing.html (http://macperformanceguide.com/SnowLeopard-Printing.html)

So far no problems other than re-profiling to fix slightly dark prints.

Bob
utahsnapshot.com

"I realize that there were initial problems associated with Snow Leopard and Epson printers.  Does the latest Epson 3880 driver work properly, or should I not upgrade to OS 10.6?
Rob"

Title: Epson 3880 and Snow Leopard--is it OK now?
Post by: JohnKirkpatrick on January 27, 2010, 02:15:17 am
I initially had serious problems with my Epson R2400 when I upgraded to Snow Leopard.  Even after I got the correct drivers installed, my prints were horrible.  As others have said - muddy and dark.

But there is indeed a problem with some drivers for some printers on Snow Leopard.  Fortunately, people brighter than me have identified the issue, and even though it's not yet solved, there is a work-around.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/solving.shtml (http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/solving.shtml) is very illuminating for those having problems with printing with Epson printers on Snow Leopard.  It certainly solved my issues.  I hope it does for you too.
Title: Epson 3880 and Snow Leopard--is it OK now?
Post by: Ken Bennett on January 27, 2010, 07:38:08 am
I just bought a new 27-inch iMac, and I was a little worried about using it with my Epson 3800. But I followed the directions at the macperformance website linked above, and it worked perfectly the first time.

Let me add that the 27 inch iMac is a nice little (big?) machine.
Title: Epson 3880 and Snow Leopard--is it OK now?
Post by: Howard on January 31, 2010, 03:54:54 pm
Quote from: robgo2
I realize that there were initial problems associated with Snow Leopard and Epson printers.  Does the latest Epson 3880 driver work properly, or should I not upgrade to OS 10.6?

Rob

Rob,

I just set up my 3880 over the weekend and printed several targets through Eye1 match. I read them this AM and created several profiles using my Eye1 extreme. Profiles looked good to me. No printing problems at all using the latest Epson driver and 10.6.2 booted in 64 bit mode.

Hope this helps.

Howard