Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: felix5616 on January 23, 2010, 11:24:59 am

Title: Clear vinyl for HP Z3200
Post by: felix5616 on January 23, 2010, 11:24:59 am
I am looking to print on clear vinyl for window application. I have an HP Z3200.  Is there a clear vinyl made that works on an HP Z3200 and has anyone used such a product?
Title: Clear vinyl for HP Z3200
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on January 23, 2010, 12:03:44 pm
Quote from: felix5616
I am looking to print on clear vinyl for window application. I have an HP Z3200.  Is there a clear vinyl made that works on an HP Z3200 and has anyone used such a product?

Vinyl is not the ideal base for transparant foils. You will find enough clear adhesive inkjet films based on polyester = PET. Even in the HP catalog.

http://www.large-format-printers.org/media...ia_textiles.htm (http://www.large-format-printers.org/media_paper_wideformat_printers/inkjet_paper_media_textiles.htm)


met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

Dinkla Gallery Canvas Wrap Actions for Photoshop
http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.html (http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.html)

Title: Clear vinyl for HP Z3200
Post by: felix5616 on January 23, 2010, 01:11:13 pm
Quote from: Ernst Dinkla
Vinyl is not the ideal base for transparant foils. You will find enough clear adhesive inkjet films based on polyester = PET. Even in the HP catalog.

http://www.large-format-printers.org/media...ia_textiles.htm (http://www.large-format-printers.org/media_paper_wideformat_printers/inkjet_paper_media_textiles.htm)


met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

Dinkla Gallery Canvas Wrap Actions for Photoshop
http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.html (http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.html)
Thank you, i appreciate the info.
Title: Clear vinyl for HP Z3200
Post by: Colorwave on January 23, 2010, 02:12:07 pm
Thanks for the link, Ernst.  That is probably one of the most helpful documents I've seen from FLAAR.  They have a great deal of knowledge, but often seem to let self promotion get in the way.