Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: flbrit on January 22, 2010, 11:09:01 pm
-
My Wifes friend is quite an Artist (Painter, mainly watercolor and acrylic) and she wants me to do more copy work and printing for her following an experiment with me photographing her work and printing on Epson Velvet.
What good papers are out there that approach the 'rough' paper texture of say that used by itaglio printing. Canvas is not an option as this is more like oil painting.
I am looking for comercial paper with ICC profiles for my printer. If this looks promising, I will use my wifes stock itaglio papers and buy a profiling system later.
Thanks in advance for any help
Brian
-
My Wifes friend is quite an Artist (Painter, mainly watercolor and acrylic) and she wants me to do more copy work and printing for her following an experiment with me photographing her work and printing on Epson Velvet.
What good papers are out there that approach the 'rough' paper texture of say that used by itaglio printing. Canvas is not an option as this is more like oil painting.
I am looking for comercial paper with ICC profiles for my printer. If this looks promising, I will use my wifes stock itaglio papers and buy a profiling system later.
Thanks in advance for any help
Brian
There are several. Check out my inkjet paper database (http://cid-b7b4130404246d99.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public) and filter on the Texture column to Heavy. It'll give you a list of papers that I've done test prints on that I consider very, very, heavily textured. Epson, Canson, Hahnemuhle, Lumijet, and Bergger all make crazy textured paper.
-
My Wifes friend is quite an Artist (Painter, mainly watercolor and acrylic) and she wants me to do more copy work and printing for her following an experiment with me photographing her work and printing on Epson Velvet.
What good papers are out there that approach the 'rough' paper texture of say that used by itaglio printing. Canvas is not an option as this is more like oil painting.
I am looking for comercial paper with ICC profiles for my printer. If this looks promising, I will use my wifes stock itaglio papers and buy a profiling system later.
Thanks in advance for any help
Brian
Two papers that I use that may be what you are looking for: Hahnemuhle William Turner and Museo Textured Rag. Both have a heavy texture and profiles available for most printers. My current preference is the Museo paper. Hope this helps.
-
Take a look at Epson's Radiant White Watercolor. If it works for you, it has the added advantage of being fairly inexpensive.
-
Thanks Guys - She went for Hahnemuhle William Turner.
-
Thanks Guys - She went for Hahnemuhle William Turner.
Hahnemuhle German Etching is very similar just a bit different in tone....yellow / white appearance.
Bob