Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: DarkPenguin on January 22, 2010, 12:23:00 pm

Title: Panasonic G1 and Lens Corrections
Post by: DarkPenguin on January 22, 2010, 12:23:00 pm
It would be just lovely if the kind of lens corrections ACR/LR supports for Panasonic lenses was available for Canon.  I presume the information to do so is out there since DPP (retch!) can do this.

Anyone know if this is in the ACR/LR future?

Edit: the title should be "Panasonic G1 and Lens Corrections"...
Title: Panasonic G1 and Lens Corrections
Post by: francois on January 23, 2010, 06:11:26 am
Quote from: DarkPenguin
…Anyone know if this is in the ACR/LR future?

Edit: the title should be "Panasonic G1 and Lens Corrections"...

I would love that feature but I'm not holding my breath. When I got a Panasonic GH1, I immediately saw that chromatic aberration was minimal to nonexistent in ACR/Lightroom, then I learned that the magic was in ACR…
Title: Panasonic G1 and Lens Corrections
Post by: DarkPenguin on January 23, 2010, 11:47:56 am
Quote from: francois
I would love that feature but I'm not holding my breath. When I got a Panasonic GH1, I immediately saw that chromatic aberration was minimal to nonexistent in ACR/Lightroom, then I learned that the magic was in ACR…

Yeah, it is awesome.  I suppose one could purchase DxO but I like it about as much as DPP.
Title: Panasonic G1 and Lens Corrections
Post by: francois on January 24, 2010, 04:19:11 am
Quote from: DarkPenguin
…I suppose one could purchase DxO but I like it about as much as DPP.
And you can be sure that your body/lens(es) combo won't be supported ;-(
Title: Panasonic G1 and Lens Corrections
Post by: Rhossydd on January 24, 2010, 04:52:51 am
Quote from: francois
And you can be sure that your body/lens(es) combo won't be supported ;-(
If optical distortion corrections were available to us, and we know they're built in underneath now. It ought to be possible to define your own preset correcting any lens; optical distortion, CA, vignetting, even small colour shading corrections too. Then add the ability to use scripts in LR so that they were automatically applied on import based on EXIF data for lens and f stop and the problem is solved.
From what I can see this is all there within the program already, we just can't get at it yet.
I've asked for this to be added as a feature request when LR1 was released and again with LR2. I just hope they eventually make this available to us.
Title: Panasonic G1 and Lens Corrections
Post by: madmanchan on January 25, 2010, 05:04:41 pm
Certainly would be nice to have.